Real Love, Part Nine

Real Love, Part Nine, Slow Dancing.

Kendra sighed as she packed her bags. Half of her was excited to go back home but the other half was sad to leave her home, home, the place where all of her family was. But at last, she knew spring break wasn’t going to last forever, and with school starting soon she had to go.

Kendra was pulled from her thoughts when she heard a knock at her door. She turned to see who it was and found Seth leaning in her doorway. “Hey.” He said walking over to her. “Are you sure you have to go?”  Kendra smiled a little it was always nice to know her brother missed while she was at school. “I’ll be back in a few weeks for summer break.” “I know but can’t you do online school or something?” “No, I can’t switch in the middle of the year, Seth. I have to go.” Seth sighed “Well I tried, you leave me with no choice, I’ll just have to kidnap you if you won’t stay.” Before Kendra knew what was happening Seth had tackled her to the ground and started tickling her. “SETH….STOP...IT”  Kendra gasped out as she tried to breath when she found an opening Kendra pushed Seth off, stood up and sprinted to the other side of her bed to put some distance between her and her brother. ‘I think I’ll pass on that offer, thanks.” She said zipping up her bag and walking towards the door.

A Few Days Later

 Kendra scrunched her brow as she did her homework, deep in thought as she absentmindedly chewed on the end of her eraser.  It had been a few days since school had started up again and she was really wanting to just relax and read a book or something but she needed to finish this assignment first.

A few hours later Kendra looked at the clock to see if she still had time to go to the book shop to see Bracken before they closed. Seeing the time Kendra decided she wouldn’t have time get over there so she thought it would be a better idea to text him to see if he wanted to come over when she heard a knock at the door. Raxtus picked his head up sniffed the air the went back to sleep. Kendra got up and opened the door to find not a person but a bouquet of pink roses with babies breath in the. Near the stems was a note. Kendra picked up the flowers and the note then closed the door behind her. The note read

“ I know you’ve been stressed lately so let’s have a night off  at the bookshop at 7:30 - Bracken.”

Kendra was surprised but happy this was the first “date” kind of thing they had ever done. Looking over at the clock Kendra saw it was 6:30 so she went to get ready. Not knowing what he was planing she decided to go with a simple white dress that had small cute outs of flowers on the sides.

Time Skip--

When Kendra got to the book shop the lights were off but the door was unlocked s she went in. as she went further into the shop she noticed candles everywhere and she wondered if that was a good idea in a book shop.  Kendra followed the candles towards to back of the shop to find Bracken waiting for her in a button-up top and nice pants. “Hey,’” Kendra said as she walked over to him and wrapped her arms around his neck. “Hello, M’lady.” wrapping his arms around her waist “So what is all of this?” Kendra asked, “Oh, you know,  just a nice night to relax with my girlfriend.” He said kissing her forehead. “Well yeah but what are we going to do?” she asked looking around the area only seeing the candles, then she spotted a speaker on one of the shelves “We’re, going to dance,” Bracken said with the cutest smile on his face. “What?” Kendra asked as she turned back around to face him, music started playing. Bracken took one of her hands in his and put his other hand on her lower back, so Kendra put her other hand on his shoulder, and they started dancing.

Bracken spun Kendra around and they danced for what felt like forever then when Kendra looked at the clock and saw that it was nine o’clock. “Hey, do you want to go back to my place and get some food and watch a movie or something?” Kendra asked.  “Yeah, whatever you want to do.”

To Be Continued…