Its a Mad World

ALSO JUST TO FUCKING CLARIFY THERE IS STILL GONNA BE A FUCK TON OF CONFLICT BETWEEN THEM. THERE IS NOT GOING TO BE ANY 'FLUFF' IN MY BOOK NO THANK YOU NO SIR. IM AN ENEMIES TO LOVERS BITCH. AND THEY MIGHT SEEM A LITTLE CHILL IN THIS CHAPTER, BUT ITS NOT GONNA LAST LONG.

I woke up to silence, punctuated only by the linguistic chirping of the birds outside. A soft breeze caressed my skin, smelling of spring, freshly cut grass, and rain. The smell of impending summer had ecstasy racing through my body. The weather had to be nearing sixty degrees, seeing as the wind lacked the icy chill that slashed up your face during the winter months. I wonder how long it had been since I last heard birds chirping in the morning. I didn't realize how starving I had been for their sweet symphony. I suppose summer had always had an effect on me, hadn't it?

I slowly peeled open my eyes. Sunlight cracked through the blinds. The dawn was crisp and clear. The rising sun cast a rosy hue across the morning sky. Golden fingers of sunlight lit up the room, desperate to spill past the blinds. It's gotta be five in the morning. Maybe earlier.

My calm peace was broken when I realized the bed I laid upon wasn't mine. Or at least not anymore. Why am I in my Dad's house? I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion as I tried to piece together last night. When none of the pieces fell in place, I gave up.

"Ah, you're awake."

I snapped my head towards the voice, although I already knew who it was. His voice was deeper than usual as if he'd just awoken. And apparently, he had, because his hair was a bit messy atop his head, falling near his eyes. I glanced down at him and realized he wore a dress shirt. Usually, this wouldn't be an issue, but usually, it wasn't completely unbuttoned revealing a few tattoos and a toned abdomen.

I grabbed the pillow beside me and used all my strength to throw it at him. "Get out of my house, you pervert!" I yelled, pushing my body back against the bed frame. What the fuck is going on? Have I gone crazy?

He completely disregarded what I'd just said and crossed the room in a few steps, the pillow left to collapse onto the ground. When he stood in front of me, he grabbed my jaw in his hands. I opened my mouth to hiss, "What the hell-,"

He rotated my head in his hands, surveying my face closely. His breath on my skin was warm and minty, per usual. "You're not healing as quickly as you should be," he murmured, releasing my jaw and keeping his eyes on mine, "You need to eat something."

"No- wait. What?" I muttered, mouth agape as I tried to understand what was happening. I stood from the bed to run after him, but I fell back after I felt a tremor in my leg.

Oh, no.

The second I felt a raw ache in between my thighs, I knew exactly what had happened. My cheeks turned crimson as I looked up at him. I knew the answer to my question before I even asked it. "Did we..." My voice trailed out. Emma, you stupid fuck.

His smile was wolfish. He was taking an alarming amount of joy from my widened eyes and flushed cheeks. His voice was rugged when he responded, "Multiple times." I slammed my hand over my mouth, a slew of 'oh, my god's escaping my lips. I'm a moron. I've reached peak stupidity. I think I've hit my low.