Chapter 21

Twitter: intox1D / Facebook page: Business-Harry Wattpad.

SALUT! YO! DEDICATION TO you BECAUSE YOUR BOOK ROCKS AND YOU ARE A NICE READER! VOTE AND COMMENT (a lot) lol

*21*

“I had so much fun!” Zayn said, his head were stuck on the road but I could tell he was smiling. I nodded in agreement, leaning against the window of his Ferrari.

My limbs were tired, my muscles hurting me after the long stroll Zayn and I made. It was already late, the sun had been down for a while. All the lights of Manchester shone in the darkness of the evening. Seeing the town plunged in dim light of the street lamps and the snow that was falling progressively added to my tiredness. The snow… It just began to fall, so December was so near us. The worst time of the year, actually.

“I’m so hungry.” I grumbled, hearing my belly groaning. We had spent our morning in our favourite tearoom when we were in high school. One of the best memories I ever had. After a long session of discussion, we moved to an equestrian centre, that was miles away from Manchester. I felt a bit stupid for wearing a cocktail dress and going to ride a horse. But he had already planned it and brought me a more convenient outfit and boots. That’s how I got so tired. I didn’t regret to have that with him, to catch up with our two years away from each other.

My twenty-four hours were surely the best since I was with someone I actually liked. Unlike Styles who was stuck with Ms. Channing. I couldn’t help but mentally chuckled at the fact that she was a complete cougar.

Zayn chuckled and glanced at me.

“You’ve eaten when we were at the restaurant before we left the club.” He said, astonished.

“It was a tiring day so I need to eat more.” I snapped, calmly as the car turned into another street after leaving the traffic.

My eyelids went heavy and my eyes closed once again, slowly dazing off. But the ringtone of my phone got me startling, waking me up. I found the phone through the mess in my bag and picked the call up, knowing it was Lens.

“Hey!” he greeted. It was the first time of the day that he called me, which was practically unbelievable. “Are you already home?”

“Not yet, just a few blocks away.” I explained, looking around us to make sure that we took the good street since Zayn didn’t know where Lens’ apartment was.

“OK, I’ll be back a bit later than the usual. My father got me some more work to finish.” He apologized awkwardly through the phone as if there was something that bothered him.

“It’s OK, then.”

I pressed on the button to end the phone call as Zayn parked his fancy car in front of the building where Lens’ apartment was. He pulled off the car and opened my door. A smile curved on my lips, acknowledging his politeness. He helped me out. Once out of the comfort of the cozy car, the cold snowflake fell onto my hand. I shivered at the cold that surrounded us and quickly made my way to the entrance door, followed by Zayn.

The atmosphere automatically changed once my feet landed on the wall-to-wall carpet of the luxurious hall. It was warm and comforting. Zayn and I brushed past the security, almost jogging to the lift.

 *-*-*-*

“OK, see you next time. It was fun!” I said warmly as I fell into his arms to embrace him. It was brotherly hugging, not any type of other affection. He pulled away slowly, his deep chocolate brown eyes into mine.

“Yeah,” he said, calmly looking down. His hand ran through his dark hair, waving his now-long hair. “You’re 19, Eve. You’ll finish your college in a few years.” He looked up, placing a hand on my shoulder. “You are making a terrible mistake. You have three or four years to figure it out before you get married to that… man.”