This-stranger

It's a rainy night. Rainy nights are the worst for Izuku. I won't bore you with the details but back when all of the students had to decide what secondary school they wanted to go to, Izuku decided to turn his back on the idea. Katsuki Bakugo, who's bullied him relentlessly through school, especially since he found out about Izuku's lack of quirk, had decided to go to UA highschool to become a hero.

UA was the school Izuku wanted to go to. He remembers that day clearly.

"Bakugo, did you really get into UA highschool!"

"Yeah I did. Hey Deku, didn't you want to go to UA? Too bad I guess. I'm the only one from this school to ever get into UA. You ain't shit Deku! The fuck you gonna do anyway? Go be a drunk like your father? Or street whore like your mother? Hah! Look out for me on the top will ya? You gotta— hey! —I'm talking to you Broccoli boy! Hey!"

Izuku walked out of the classroom. After that, he never stepped into another classroom again.

Sure, he knew that by doing so he was doing exactly what Kaachan expected of him. If kaachan wanted him out on the street he'd go out on the street. Because, you see, Izuku Midoriya had no fight left in him that day. He hasn't since. Back then, everyday was like that. Everyday was a torment. Sure Kaachan was bad, but everyone followed his lead. Everyone told Izuku he would end up like this.

Eventually, he got too tired to fight back and tell them they were wrong. They broke him.
So here he is, on a cold rainy night, laying in an alley, trying to sleep.
He sleeps in a different alley every night. He's tried to find work but everyone turns him down. He steals food most of the time. He owns one set of clothes. He's thought about wether or not being dead would be better. He's just too much of a wuss to actually commit.

It's so cold. His clothes are sticking to his skin. For anyone else this would be uncomfortable but Izuku was used to it. He was used to it. He can fall asleep here. He's so tired. He's out of sight. The police won't see him. He's as safe as he's going to get. He's used to it. He can sleep here. It's just the sound of rain and footsteps and car horns. He can sleep here. It's just rain and—footsteps?!

Izuku's eyes snapped open. Footsteps. Feet. A pair of black boots stood in front of him, just in his line of vision. Afraid, he ploddingly lifted his eyes up to look at this—stranger.