Chapter 16.

Inside The Antler's Horn Saloon.

The bar was full, the saloon was filled to the brim with paying patrons. The stage with currently occupied buy the newest sensation in town a Woman by the name of Isabel Darlin. A renowned and popular singer all the way from St Louis. All the men were gazing at her, and to be honest so was I. But I wasn't looking at her in a luscious manner but instead more of having more money coming towards me. My business is doing really well, thank goodness I wasn't in the same line of work as my cousin. Henry..., was something else, granted we never got along very well but he was family and because of the stupid decision we make when we were young, I said I would do anything for him if he ever had trouble come his way.

So lo and behold my day was ruined by a letter I received from the telegram office in town. When I saw the name on the envelope I cringed, darn it why did Henry have to ruin my life?

Might as well get used to it I thought slowly. I reached into my back pocket and took out the small little blade that I always kept on my person. I stuck it into the paper envelope and ripped across the seal. When I opened up the envelope I knew that my happy days were numbered. It said.

Hey Warren, haven't heard from you in a while. Wanted to see what your career was doing for your life, though I did make the proper position of you joining me in my business, I suppose a life worth in the saloon is much better than running the lives of people and punishing them for not pay me back the money I gave them.

Anyway, let me get down to business as our fathers would both say, I have run into a problem. The latest client that I had, borrowed a tremendous sum from me and had the audacity to die leaving me to deal with his widow. Don't get me wrong, she is a formidable woman. I tried to go about things nicely telling her about the debt that her husband owed to me and what did this woman try to do to me- tries to kill me!

Of course, she doesn't succeed but I did end up hiring a thug who was able to trace her location or where she was last located. I was on my way to extract another piece of information when one of my associates informed me. Seems she commandeered the business of a mail-order bride agency. I took the liberty to use any means I thought where necessary and was about to make a trip there when I had a sneaking suspicion, that this may be our last night on earth. I couldn't put my finger on it, but I remember that deal you and I made to each other when we were young?

We said that if anyone of us were in danger you would come running to a rescue..., so I'm holding you to that deal. By the way, her name, the Widow that tried to kill me, her name is Laura Blackthorn but when I've learned from the agency is that her new name is Laura Green give her my greetings, will you.

Thanks a bunch - Henry.