【16】

a/n: Please read the a/n at the end for an important message from me to you guys, as well as a new story announcement for people interested.

(couple days pass)

Friday Afternoon, after school

The whispers are getting harder and harder for both Taehyung and Jungkook to ignore, though Taehyung doesn't seem to be near as bothered by it as much as his friend. Jungkook can't help but to feel bad for Taehyung, as he can clearly see the judgemental looks on everyone's faces as he walked by, but there wasn't a thing he could do about it. The students at this prestigious school are set on their beliefs, and they aren't the type to change that.

A student calls out a few harsh words, the notable ones being "creep," and "pervert." And it makes Jungkook's blood boil, prompting him to wrap his arm around Taehyung's and pull him away from the accusers. Though he himself still doesn't necessarily understand why Taehyung would have ever walked into a girl's restroom, he still doesn't want to jump to conclusions like everyone else has been. Even his own friends had been leery about him.

"D-d-do people hate me, J-J-Jungkook..?" Taehyung asks, his eyes filled with sorrow. Hearing it makes Jungkook's heart swell with pain.

"No, Tae. It's not that they hate you, it's just that...people don't understand, is all. And when people don't understand things, they tend to think the worst of them."

"Are you em-b-b-barrassed t-to be around m-me?" Taehyung asks.

"If I was embarrassed to be around you, do you think I would be holding onto you like this?" Jungkook says as he looked down at their arms that were still locked together, chuckling softly.

"I g-g-guess not.."

"Exactly, so you don't have to ever worry about that." Jungkook says.

"Thanks, J-J-Jungkook..." Taehyung says.

"You're welcome. Anyways, let's get going." Jungkook says, pulling his sweater around him as a crisp breeze rushes through him.

"Where are we g-g-going?" Taehyung asks.

"Did you forget? We're going ice skating, silly."

"But..." Taehyung looks left to right. "Aren't your f-f-friends c-coming..?"

"They...all had a change of plans." Jungkook says, though even he himself doesn't believe their excuses.

"Oh...s-s-so it's just g-g-gonna be you and me..?" Taehyung says, with a glimmer in his eye.

"Yeah, is that okay?" Jungkook asks.

"Yes!" Taehyung says, then lowers his voice down a little bit. "I m-m-mean...yeah.." He says in a softer tone.

"Ok, cool! We can even get some hot chocolate too. But first, I have to ask a very important question....Marshmallows or whipped cream?" Jungkook asks, looking over at the older as the two walk side by side down the sidewalk, arm in arm.

"Umm...how ab-b-bout we both say on th-th-three?" Taehyung says, and Jungkook nods. "One, t-t-two, three-"

"Whipped cream!" They both say simultaneously, though Taehyung stutters when trying to give his answer, per usual.

"Ayyy, we must be soulmates!" Jungkook says, chuckling.

"S-s-soulmates? I like th-th-the sound of th-that."