Chapter Two

I sat in the quiet lounge with the other sixteen year olds that share my birthday. I was fiddling with my mothers ring as a distraction from my nervousness, though it wasn't helping that much.

When I was called to go into high priestess Salads office I slowly stood up and walked to the room. Though my left foot got in the way and I ended up on the floor. I tried not to blush as I stood up and walked into the office. The office was a big room that was dim lighted, with bookshelves on two of the walls and a desk with a comfy chair in the middle of the room. I found the source of the light which was these two big windows behind the desk. At the desk sat a lady with black hair and grey eyes. No wonder everybody has grey eyes and black hair, high priestess Salad had black hair and grey eyes.

"Welcome Evalynn." The high priestess' voice was different from everyone else's, it was cold, yet welcoming at the same time. She nodded towards the chair across from her and I sat down. She was cruel enough to take everyone's emotions and selfish enough to still have hers. "So, every time a, well failure, reaches the age of sixteen we..." she paused "talk."

I tried to use my dead voice but I could still hear the fear and shock in my voice. "What do you mean?"

"Well as a child I had a twin that died, I was lonely for a long time, until I took up the roll as high priestess. I realized nobody should feel the pain of not having a twin. So I made that rule, and when kids like you come alone I just have to fix it." She looked at me. "That's why I'm forced to clone you."

A/n

Sorry it's so short, I wanted to end on that cliffhanger so badly, so I did. In my defense, I did write this book before Christmas and I wrote it on docs so theres twelve chapters so far so.. :)

Word Count:355