Chapter Four

I dart towards Taylynn. I could feel the tears falling; they were coming like an avalanche. I made it next to Taylynn to catch her as she fell. I gently laid Taylynn down who was taking in harsh ragged breaths. “Eva.”
“Shhh. Don’t talk. I’ll get you out of here. We can go past the walls and eat whenever we feel needed.” I cry out. I expected a bullet to go through my heart but instead I heard them leave. They were giving me time before they would kill me. 

     “No Eva, I know nobody can survive a bullet to the heart. You need to leave by yourself. Don’t risk anymore for me understood.” Taylynn told me. She had this look of intensity in her sunset colored eyes. “It’s my dying wish.” I could feel myself shake as I looked at her wound. Blood was gushing out, as though it was lemon juice getting squeezed out of the lemon. Her clothes were covered it in thick, warm blood. Her hair was up in a bun with a braid around it and even that was dripping with blood. I couldn't leave her! Not here. she can’t die here. “Eva please run.” That was the last thing Taylynn said before her eyes become dull and her skin pale. Taylynn had died in front of me only because I didn’t want to be cloned. I closed Taylynn’s sightless eyes and covered her wound with part of her jacket. I wanted to do more for her. I wanted flowers, or at least water to clean her up with, but I didn’t have either of those. Taylynn would stay here bloody and dirty. I sit there in silence only hearing my cries. I sit there for about two minutes when I hear someone calling me. I look around not seeing anyone. I protectively put my hands over Taylynn’s body afraid they wanted to take her. By now my hands are covered in Taylynn’s blood and I couldn’t help but cry more. 

  “Look go away I can’t deal with more people now. And if you dare lay a finger on her…” My voice trails off and my sobbs return. I hardly notice the boy walk up to me and tap my shoulder so I jumped. I turned around to kick or something, but when I saw the sad look on his face I was surprised.

    “Come on Evalynn, we need to leave.” The boy said in a calm soothing voice. He looked almost like everyone else with his black hair but his green eyes told me he was a failure. 

     “I can’t leave Taylynn! She’s my best friend. I knew her my whole life! We were assigned each other at birth!” I cried more until the boy pulled me into a hug. I didn’t fight it. I had a weird sense to trust him.
“I know. I lost my sister once. It’s painful, but you have to get up. We have to leave. I know a way out and you need to come with me.” The boy pulled me up and I paused. 

    “What if I don’t want to leave?” I ask him

   “It’s come with me or you’ll die from those guards.” I don’t fight this time when he pulled me along because I remember what Taylynn had said before she died; Leave it’s my dying wish.

A/n

    Short I know they will get longer!

Word Count:574