Chapter Three

I couldn’t believe this lady wanted to clone me. The idea of someone Iooking identical to me sent a shiver down my spine. I wanted to leave the Now unfriendly office and run away. Suddenly Taylynns idea of leaving sounded good. 

    “Of course we would take away those ugly blue eyes and replace them with grey for your cloned twin, but otherwise you two would be the same. After we fix you of course.”

   I felt a shiver run down my spine. This lady was insane! “Fix me?” Was all I could squeak out. I didn’t want anything to be changed about me. 

    “Yes, every failure when they reach Age sixteen are fixed by being sent to the lab for the required grey eyes and black hair and emotion taking. which is normally done when kids turn five but since your Nurse failed, you will watch her be shot. Which you would go under if you refuse to change. What’s your choice?”

    I couldn’t believe this. If I wanted to live I would have to change myself and live the emotionless life of almost everyone. I wouldn’t be able to handle that. I took a deep breath. My mind had chosen. “Neither.” 

     The high priestess stared at me with A look of anger.”That’s not a choice.” That’s when I stood up and punched her square in the nose.  The high priestess’ face covered in shock. She was furious at me. “Guards! Take her to be shot!” 

    I turned around to make my escape only to find the guards already there. Without thinking I kicked at one of their knees as the other one trapped me. I struggled to get his hands off of me. Wishing that I didn’t cut my nails the night before so I could dig them into his bare arm. I tried anyway but then resorted in biting him. “Jim the girls a biter!"

   The guard on the ground that I assumed was Jim grunted. “Not another one.” That made me bite harder as Jim stood up and helped the other guard pull me out. I screamed the whole way out, but the other sixteen years olds didn’t pay attention. They couldn’t anyway. They dragged me down the twenty stairs cases I had gone up not an hour ago. When my head hurt I reluctantly got up and let them walk me out. After I got out I would have a better chance of escaping. When we reached the main floor the guards pulled me to the front door. And that’s when I saw the brown hair. Taylynn was sitting quietly on a park bench when they pulled me out of the building. I was screaming her name as they dragged me. 

    Taylynn saw this and in terror she screamed. “What are you doing to her!” Taylynn yelled she tried to help me away but they pointed there heavy guns at her.

    “Taylynn run! I’ll catch up!” I screamed. Taylynn probably thought I wouldn’t escape, but she ran anyway. I could see the tears in her eyes before she turned away and started running. A new sense of urgency rushed through me and I kicked one of their knees. The guard collapsed and I put my foot on him.  I was about to do the same when the other guard pulled me close and whispered in my ear. “Run.” He let go of me and pretended to fall. I was shocked for a second before I ran after Taylynn. We had to find a way out of Ormont. No matter what. Taylynn looked my direction as we ran. I could see a smile on her face. She must be happy I got out I thought. And that’s when I heard it. The pull of a lever. I looked Taylynn’s way only to see it happen. The bullet hit its mark.

A/n

   This was early I know, so I really don't expect you to feel sad, but theres going to be flash backs so.... :)

Word Count:671