Fifteen: Epilogue

Three Months Later

Cyrus's POV

The minute I step outside of my Mom's house, my mouth falls into a gaping grin. TJ gazes at me as I approach him leaning against the decades old, sky blue Chevy truck. It's definitely been well-loved by its previous owner, a characteristic made visible by the scrapes and dings in the metal, but my boyfriend looks so proud of every piece of it. 

"You got a Chevy," I say. 

"I did," he replies. "And guess how much it cost."

"How much?"

"Nine hundred."

"Nine hundred dollars? Does it work?"

"Hell, yeah, it works," he answers proudly. 

I smile and reach for the passenger's side door, at which point, I see his mouth open like he's about to say something, but he backs down when I find the issue for myself. My seat, if you can even call it that, has no actual fabric covering. Instead, it's just a bunch of foam and framing stuck together in the shape of a chair. All the seats are the same too, even the driver's. 

I glance back at TJ, saying, "What—?"

"That's nine hundred dollars you're looking at there," he says. 

I stare at him for a moment, in awe of literally everything about him. He's the only person I know who would be happy to get this car and show it to people, and I kind of love that about him, how even a lack of seats doesn't teeter his joy. He's just so grateful to have a Chevy, even if it is missing a few details. 

As I turn back to the truck, I notice another strange situation going on with the window of the back seat on the other side of the vehicle. I let out a gasp as I walk around to see it, and TJ has his teeth clenched as he follows me, knowing exactly what I'm looking at. The entire window is completely shattered into bits as small as erasers. The only thing keeping all the glass from collapsing is an earth-quaking amount of packing tape stuck over both the inside and out. 

"But nine hundred dollars," TJ reminds me. 

I turn to him, letting out a laugh, and he smiles, his eyes settling softly on me as though I'm some kind of living dream. It gives me chills, and I wind my hands through his, the two of us sinking into silence together. 

"So what do you think?" he asks me. 

Anyone else would say it's a piece of junk, and that he wasted his money, but I'm not anyone else. 

"I love it," I respond. 

"Me too," he says. Then a moment later, "There's one more thing I love."

"What?"

"Guess."

I'm pretty sure I already know the answer, but I still get butterflies as I reply, "Me?"

"You got it," he confirms. 

He tilts his chin down, and his lips float toward mine, but before they can touch, I pause to say one more thing. 

"I love you too."

Then he kisses me, and the sunshine clears the air of every speck of dust, then the land of every house, and the water of every wave, until it's just me and him and his Chevy tuck, a trio destined to be amazing. 

A/N: Hi!!! I'm so happy! I loved this. Also, this car was based off my friend's real life car, but that car was seven hundred dollars. Idk where he finds all these cars, but he's a legend. Anyway, Thank you all so much for reading! I really appreciate every single one of you! Now that this story  is done, I'll be working real hard to continue with Snapdragon and Not Strangers, but I also have one other story that I'm going to hopefully publish today, because I'm too excited for it to wait. I'm not going to tell y'all anything about it yet, though, 'cause I want it to be a surprise. Thank you! Goodbye!