✰𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚟𝚎✰

Dear Ladybug, I have to admit that I haven't been completely honest with you. We've talked, Marinette. More importantly, I walked past a coffee shop and saw you crying. I hope whatever was wrong works out. I can't stand to see you cry, My Lady, even if you still manage to look pretty somehow. From Cat Noir.'

Marinette ignores Adrien for three days. Radio silence. No texts answered or sent, no calls picked up, and not a single acknowledgment if they crossed paths. He tries to pretend his heart hasn't shriveled up until it became no more than a coffee bean, but. Try being inseparable for four years, then not speak for three days. It has detrimental effects.

So, at the end of three days, after Adrien probably cried a little in the shower (but who can tell, really? Lots of warm water was falling down his face.), he flips through the phone book.

He finds a flower shop not far from the campus and writes down the number. Then he spends twenty minutes Googling the meanings of flowers. He's hoping to find one along the lines of 'I'm sorry for getting jealous of myself I just love you so much sometimes I feel like I'm going to burst with it also we should kiss' but his search results aren't giving him much to work with.

In the end, he decides on red tulips because they mean 'undying love' and he's pretty sure his devotion isn't fading anytime soon. He'll probably be 90 years-old following Marinette around in his walker.

He calls the flower shop and places an order for 12 red tulips, offering to come to pick them up because the price for delivery is just too much to be swingable. Which probably isn't actually an adjective, which only reminds him that Marinette isn't here for him to ask.

He buys two boxes of pour-over butter popcorn and splurges on a 12-pack of Dr. Pepper. Mostly because he loves her too much to not overindulge her, but somewhat because her forgiving him would be nice.

The flowers turn out the be an armful is the downside, so he can hardly knock on her door by the time he makes it up there. It takes him a total of five minutes and three poorly executed elbow-knocks to realize that she isn't home.

And, alright. He'll admit that he had been hoping for her to be moping around like he was without his best friend, but he'll take what he can get. He arranges his items on the floor and slides down the wall to sit next to them, pulling out his phone.

He replies to a three-day-old text from someone in one of his classes asking about an essay due the next week. He sends Nino some more texts and even scrolls through the Facebook comments on his pictures. Eventually, he stands and checks for the key that usually sits on the ledge above her door, but nothing's there. It feels like a pointed message.

Marinette doesn't arrive for more than an hour, which leaves Adrien staring anxiously at the flowers. A few girls have walked past him and engaged in a short conversation, asking if he was waiting for his girlfriend, and it killed him to say "no" every time.

When she does get there, though, Adrien smiles like an idiot. She's carrying Korean takeout—for more than one, definitely—and a beverage from Adrien's favorite cafe.

She smiles softly when she sees him, too, and calmly sits in front of him. They're blocking the hallway, but Adrien can't find it in himself to care as Marinette's knee nudges his. She stares at him scrutinizingly, cocking her head to the side. He likes when Marinette stares at him, but that doesn't keep him from breaking their gaze and ducking his chin. "Hi," she says.

"I was waiting on you," he tells her, pulling at the strings on his black hoodie.

"Me, too," she admits with a soft laugh. "I was knocking at your door for ten minutes before a guy told me you had left a while ago. Thought maybe you'd left for a photo shoot or something."

Adrien shakes his head, pushing his hair out of his eyes. He really does need a haircut. "Nope. I'm here."

"I see that," Marinette answers, staring at the flowers next to him. "You've outdone me."

"It was my fault," he says, shrugging. "I have more to apologize for."

"Nah." Marinette gives him a once over, almost looking confused. "I'm sorry."

"Me, too," he sighs out, his chest nearly caving in with relief. "I shouldn't have—"

"Let's finish this inside," Marinette suggests, standing up. She digs her key out of her pocket and unlocks the door before gathering the coffee and food.

Adrien follows after her, kicking the sodas under her bed and setting the popcorn on top of the microwave. He hands her the flowers.

"Thanks," she tells him with an aching amount of softness. "They're pretty."

He bites back the 'you're pretty' that rises to the front of his mind. "Yeah, well. I'm sorry."

She lays the flowers on her cramped kitchen counter and opens her arms wide. "Come on. Hug it out." Adrien steps forward and presses his laugh into her hair, and his coffee bean heart grows to the size of oh, a killer whale.

"No more three day fights."

"No more fights period."

Adrien hums in agreement before stepping back, but Marinette yanks him closer again. "I'm not done," she says.

"Hey," Marinette says, nudging his side, "I love you."

And it stings when he says it back, but he holds her tighter anyways.

𝚊𝚞𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚛'𝚜 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚎&𝚚𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚕𝚕!

- 𝚍𝚒𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎𝚍 𝚒𝚝?

- 𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚐𝚞𝚢𝚜 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚍?

- 𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚖𝚊𝚢 𝙸 𝚒𝚖𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚟𝚎?

𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚝: 943

𝚜𝚎𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛!