SILVER

SILVER
catching fire.

SILVERcatching fire

▬▬▬▬▬▬

❝what would you do
if it all came back to you?
each crest of each wave,
bright as lightning.
— junip

Almost seven years have passed since Vesper was crowned victor of the Sixty-Eighth Hunger Games. Those seven years have been spent coping with haunting memories from the arena, that warp into horrific nightmares when she closes her eyes. But as her debt to the Capitol, she has to re-live it all when she watches the tributes she mentors meet a forgettable demise, year after year. More names added to the list of ones she can never forget — Telle. Levin. Icarus. — although, if she can get away with it, Vesper tries not to memorise the new children's names at all.

In spite of the new life she resents, a twenty-something Vesper gets by. What else could she do anyway? At least she isn't alone, with Irma and Dale at her side, along with a new confidant in the most surprising of places. Her life is split in half, between the cold marble floors of the Victor's Village in Permetior, and the homesick magnetism Vagary has ever since she left it.

However, a spark arrives in the form of radical Hunger Games history — two victors, Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark, from the most unassuming district in defiance of the notion that one must die. They are survivors, whether they planned to be or not. And that spark is enough to ignite an inferno across Panem. Vesper witnesses it in her own district, whispers of revolution rippling through the masses and seizing citizens with the urge to fight back. It gives people like the tormented Axel Brunel a chance to avenge their loved ones, to make their voices heard against the coldness of Snow's regime.

As moved as she is, Vesper is numbed by the hopelessness she finds in every new Hunger Games, and dreads what President Snow is capable of — how easily he would watch the blood of innocent people stain the ground to wield his power. The rebel will bite her tongue until it bleeds, if it means she doesn't have to witness one more loved one die.

     Then in a cruel twist of fate, the Third Quarter Quell's terms change everything. It is enough to push Vesper, and everyone else, over the edge. The victors face a cruel lesson that these games they're a pawn in were never over, they were just beginning...

But Vesper Alfaro would raise hell before she takes this lesson lying down.

╒═══════════════╕
the cast
may the odds be
ever in your favour...
╘═══════════════╛

Victoria Moroles as...
VESPER ALFARO