Chapter four

The Small Description

As I stated earlier, that Jayanto's father, Animesh Das, had worked in the archeological department. His work sometimes took him to historical places, and Jayanto had as a child came to Bundi. He always wanted to return after growing up, just to see how much the modern Bundi compared to the image he had in his mind. And today his dream came true.
The circuit bungalow is really splendid. Built during the time of the British, it must have been at least a hundred years old. It's a single-storeyed building  with a sloping tiled roof. The  high ceilings and the skylights have long, dangling ropes which could be pulled to open and shut them. The veranda faced the east. Right opposite it is a huge garden with a large number of roses in full bloom. Behind these are a lot of trees which obviously housed a vast section of local birds. Parrots could be seen everywhere; and peacocks could be heard, but only outside the compound.
We have already been on a sightseeing tour of the town. The famous Fort of Bundi is placed amidst the hills. We have seen it from a distance and decided to take a closer look.
Jayanto- " The only reminders of modern times are the electric poles. Otherwise it seemed as though we are back in old Rajputana."
Me- " haha.. yes you are right."
The streets were cobbled, the houses had balconies jutting out from the first floor. The carvings done on these and the wooden doors bore evidence of the work of master craftsmen. It is difficult to believe we are living in the age of machines.