Chapter Six

The Flashback

We had a good cook in the circuit house. Later that night, while we sat at the oval dinning table having dinner,
Jayanto- " The cook we had back then was called a Dilawar. He had a scar on his left cheek and his eyes were always red. But he was an excellent cook."
Jayanto's memories began returning one by one eventually, soon after the dinner when we went back to the drawing-room. He could recall where his father used to sit and smoke a cheroot, where his mother used to knit, and what magazines lay on the table.
Jayanto- " Here on this wooden chair my father used to sit and smoke a cigar.  And there was an aquarium full of goldfishes. And beside the aquarium there was a rocking chair on which my mother used to sit and knit woollen socks. And on this marble table a lot of magazines were kept."
Me- " I see that its a good sign that your memories are returning back."
Jayanto- " yes, and now I can remember that this was my room filled with soft toys....."
Jayanto suddenly stopped and started looking at a empty glass box inside a glass shelf. And he stared at the box for quite a long time.
Me- " what happened? Is everything Alright?"
Jayanto- " you see Shankar, now I can recall everything else but it's hard to think that, what was inside this box?"
Me- " I guess you had a toy inside that box or something else very close to you."
Jayanto- " I think you're right Shankar. But somethings strange and peculiar about this box. Anyway we shall go to sleep,  it's been very late."
So, we said goodnight and went to sleep.