Prologue

"Are you ready to record yet, Dream?"

"Yeah, hold on, I just need to fix something really quick. My computer's been acting strange all day."

George leaned back in his seat and waited for his friend to get set up. He heard aggressive clicking and typing noises over his headphones- apparently, the problem was bigger than Dream had suggested.

"Are you sure we can record today?" George asked. "I'm free all week, it's seriously not a problem."

"No, no, it's literally fine now. Ready?" Dream's bright Minecraft character suddenly moved on George's screen. George placed his hands on his mouse and keyboard.

"Ready."

"Run the command, George."

George opened a file in a separate screen that Clay had shared with him. Using a special program, they were able to work on code at the same time. Clay often came up with the ideas, but it was George who did the bulk of the coding, so Clay gave him the honor of starting the command.

A few clicks later, the code was applied to their brand new Minecraft world. Or at least, that's what the program was telling George. From what he could see, nothing was happening.

"Um, Dream, I think something went wrong."

Clay wheezed and opened up the program from his own computer. "You probably pressed the wrong button or something. Let me try."

George opened his mouth to argue, but was unable to protest before he was drawn into his computer screen.

He felt static all around him, like how it felt to touch his grandma's TV screen when he was little; all crackly and almost uncomfortable. He saw a long series of 1's and 0's fly past him, and then nothing.

Thank you for reading! The other chapters won't be nearly as short as this one, as it is just an introduction. Because of COVID-19 shutting down lots of things, I will have lots of time for the next couple of weeks to write! Updates should be pretty consistent. If you see any mistakes, feel free to let me know.