Chapter 1

"It's been 23 days since Thanos came to Earth." Rhodey stated with a serious tone. He looked at his friends, trying to think of a plan. So far, the Avengers had nothing. 

"World governments are in pieces. The parts that are still working are trying to take a census. And it looks like he did... he did exactly what he said he was gonna do," Natasha didn't know what else to do. There would be very little hope for the universe if they didn't do anything about the situation, "Thanos wiped out fifty percent, of all living creatures."

"Where is he now? Where?" Tony asked, concerned about everything. He had too many problems in his mind. 

"We don't know. He just opened a portal and walked through." Steve put his hand to his face as if he was thinking of a plan. 

Thor listened to the Avengers talk about the recent events, past memories racing through his mind. He hated failing, but now that's exactly what he had done. His pride had gotten in the way. All because of him, half the universe was dead. He had failed everyone, including himself. Now he was just some idiot with an axe. 

"What's wrong with him?" Tony looked at Thor.

"Oh, he's pissed. He thinks he failed. Which of course he did, but you know there's a lot of that's going around, ain't there?" Rocket said, not really caring about anything else. 

"Honestly, until this exact second, I thought you were a Build-A-Bear." 

"Maybe I am."

The Avengers stand silently, not a single idea coming to their minds. Thor ate the rolls in front of him, staring at the new faces in the room. The rabbit was a little strange, but reminded him slightly of Tony. The cyborg hadn't said a word since she had gotten here. The other girl had just showed up, having no clue what happened to the universe. 

"Tony, Tony, Tony!" Rhodey said with concern.

"Alive and otherwise what we needed was a suit of armor around the world! Remember that?" Tony glared at Steve, "Whether it impacted our precious freedoms or not- that's what we needed!"

"Well, that didn't work out, did it?" Steve stared at him. 

"I said, "we'd lose". You said, "We'll do that together too." And guess what, Cap? We lost. And you weren't there. But that's what we do, right? Our best work after the fact? We're the Avengers, we're the Avengers. Not the Prevengers."

"Okay." Rhodey tried to calm him down. 

"Right?" Tony looked at Steve, trying to prove his point.

"You made your point. Just sit down."

"Okay..."

"Okay?"

"Nah. Nah. Here's my point. You know what?"

"Tony, you're sick."

"She's great, by the way." Tony looked at Carol, who was watching the argument from the other end of the room. 

"Sit down. Sit." Rhodey looked at his friend. 

Carol didn't really care that much for the people around her. She had met them almost a couple weeks ago, knowing nothing about them. The Avengers were a little strange, but pretty much everyone was. She silently mourned Fury, the only person that had brought her here. According to the Avengers, half the universe was snapped out by some alien called Thanos. That was the extent of what she had learned. 

                                                                          ***

"Bruce gave him a sedative. He's gonna probably be out for the rest of the day." Rhodey informed the group.

"You guys take care of him. And I'll bring him a Xorrian Elixir when I come back." Carol told the group, before starting to walk off. 

"Where are you going?" Natasha asked, concerned for everyone in the group. 

"To kill Thanos." 

"Hey, you know, we usually work as a team here, and between you and I, morale's a little fragile."

"We realize up there is more your territory, but this is our fight too." Steve folded his arms, trying to figure out something. 

"You even know where he is?" Rhodey wondered. 

"I know people who might." Carol responded quickly. 

"Don't bother. I can tell you where Thanos is. Thanos spent a long time trying to perfect me. And when he worked, he talked about his great plan. Even disassembled, I wanted to please him. I'd ask "where would we go once his plan was complete?". His answer was always the same: "To the Garden." Nebula stated, looking right at the Avengers. 

"That's cute. Thanos has a retirement plan." Rhodey commented. 

"So where is he?" Steve asked.  

"When Thanos snapped his fingers, Earth became ground zero for a power surge of ridiculously cosmic proportions. No one's ever seen anything like it... Until two days ago," Rocket explained, bringing up a hologram of another planet, "On this planet."

"Thanos is there." Nebula stated. 

"He used the stones again." Natasha said, looking at the hologram.

"Hey, hey, hey. We'd be going in short-handed, you know." Bruce looked at the group.

"Look, he's still got the stones, so..." Rhodey nodded his head. 

"So let's get him... Use them to bring everyone back." Carol suggested. 

"Just like that?" Rhodey was confused.

"Yeah. Just like that." Steve nodded at Carol. 

The Avengers nodded, thinking of a plan. They knew where Thanos was, but needed to be prepared for it. Without the full team, it was up to the remaining members to fix the entire mess. 

"Even if there's a small chance that we can undo this... I mean we owe it to everyone who's not in this room to try." Natasha said. 

"If we do this, how do we know it's gonna end any differently than it did before?" Bruce wondered, a little concerned about the plan. 

"Because before, you didn't have me." Carol declared. 

"Hey, new girl, everyone here is about that superhero life. And if you don't mind my asking, where the hell have you been all this time?" Rhodey looked at her.

"There are a lot of other planets in the universe. And unfortunately, they didn't have you guys."

Thor had been listening to the entire plan. He was still mad about the entire thing, considering it was his fault entirely. He stared at Carol, trying to figure out who she reminded him of. He stood up from the table he was sitting at, and walked toward her. He looked directly at her, finally figuring out the answer. Thor summoned Stormbreaker, which flew inches from her face. Her only reaction was a slight smile at him.

"I like this one." Thor smiled, amused at her. 

Carol looked up at Thor, not caring that the axe that flew inches from her face could've taken her head off. She smirked slightly, amused that he was trying to test her. That was the type of person she was. Carol saw something in him. Something she hadn't seen in a long time.