Chapter 24

Being hunted by Gorr really wasn't that bad. Yes, Gorr wanted him dead, but that was the least of his issues. Thor was too busy solving his own problems to worry about the inevitable threat that loomed closer every minute. Figuring out what to do next with his life, besides completing his goal he had made a while ago, was at the top of his list. 

Peter Quill really wasn't helping all that much. The Guardians reminded him of the Avengers back when none of them knew what they were doing at all. It was complete chaos, until Thor had to step in. Trying to hunt down Gorr and deal with Quill was fairly difficult. He kind of regretted teaming up with them, but it was too late now. 

"Where are we going to next?" Quill wondered.

"To find Gorr." Thor looked slightly annoyed.

"We already did that."

"You didn't try hard enough."

"We did too."

"Don't involve me in this Quill." Gamora stated.

"What? You're part of the group." Quill responded.

"You were the only one who actually knew about this."

"Well, Thor over here is acting like he owns the place."

"All I want is to find this idiot and get back to Earth Quail." Thor sighed in frustration. 

"You should probably find someone else." Quill continued talking.

"I thought you guys were good at finding people."

"Yeah, eight years ago."

"This trip was useless."

"Sorry, we aren't as good as the Avengers."

"The Avengers are basically holding on by a thread."

"Weren't they nonexistent at some point?"

"Yup, before Thanos showed up and snapped half the universe."

"Where the hell were you? I did't see you helping on Titan."

"I was in Wakanda, stopping the snap. At least I wasn't the one who got all emotional because Thanos killed your girlfriend."

"You should've gone for the head."

"Ladies please, you're both beautiful." Rocket walked past them, snickering.

Thor and Quill were quiet for a second, not saying anything after that. Thor silently glared at Quill, hoping that would solve the current issue. It helped a little bit, but not much. It had been a while since he had been on Earth, with everyone else. The Avengers were out saving the world from everything, and he was stuck finding Gorr. It was slightly boring, and really started to make him want to go back. But Thor had a mission to do. He would finish it for the sake of Earth, and himself. 

"Can we just look one last time?" Thor folded his arms.

"Why? It's going to end up like the first eight times we tried." Quill answered.

"I have a feeling it will be different this time."

"I am Groot." Groot stated.

"I agree with the tree on this one." Thor smiled.

"Fine. But after this, I'm done helping you." Quill agreed.

"Thank you tree. You're the smartest one here."

"That's clearly a lie." Rocket said loudly.

"I don't see anyone else helping." Thor continued.

"I'll help you under one condition. You leave this ship after this."

"I take that as a deal." 

"Good."

They all decided to go with Thor's plan, and helped him search for Gorr. It didn't take them long to find the location he was at. Thor smiled a little bit, finally happy he could leave this ship for good. All he had to do now was kill him, without dying in the process.

"Farewell tree. Hopefully you can survive being here." Thor smiled.

"I am Groot." Groot said.

"Ah yes, I forgot about rabbit."

"Rabbit?" Rocket said with question. 

Rocket looked confused, but didn't say anything. Thor was fairly happy he didn't have to stay on the ship any longer. At least that's if he didn't have to work with the Guardians again. Which he really didn't want to happen anytime soon. He'd be back on Earth in no time.