Contradiction

Now that I think about it,  Ares and Orion shouldn't happen in a canon standpoint. 

In Inazuma Eleven: ChronoStone episode 5, Dr. Crossword Aruno--the inventor of the time machine stated that in reality there's supposed to be one timeline and that parallel ones are made whenever history's been changed by time travel. With that said, the timelines would eventually combine into one again--with everything but the timeline rendered as genuine to disappear. In Dr. Aruno's words, it's like a guitar string being plucked. 

In other words, the fact that Ares and Orion is an alternate timeline contradicts the rules of time and space stated in canon. It shouldn't be here, assuming that OG is the true timeline of the franchise. In order to satisfy the rules of time stated in ChronoStone, someone had to time travel with the mission to make Aliea Academy never happen making a parallel world. However that would also mean that the OG timeline has to disappear to make Ares genuine or vice versa since they couldn't coexist simultaneously. 

So is this contradiction irritating me? Not really, to be honest. I write fanfictions as a hobby, if anything Orion is almost like that. Inconsistencies aside, what bothered me was the fact the writers of Orion didn't even make the best out of this parallel timeline. There's so much material to go with. The Reinforcement Committee, the new antagonists, the sponsorship system. There's so much to explore, so many "what ifs" and yet it falls flat. I think they wanted to use the Butterfly Effect because they literally recycle several plot points from the OG without any of the emotional baggage. I'll talk about that in the next chapter.