Introduction

Every story has its good points and not-so-good points. There are things that are genuinely interesting, and things that are better off not existing in the first place.

Ares no Tenbin is one of those stories. While they have some pretty good elements that are worth exploring, they also possess fundamental flaws that I can't help but notice. I already wrote my thoughts on the show, but the short version is that I find Ares as a disappointment with wasted potential.

Usually when a franchise is starting to go sour, I would stop watching it all together. It happened to me in other shows such as some seasons of Pokemon, Bakugan Battle Brawlers, and at some point Beyblade. However, for some reason I decided to head to the Ares universe's next season: Orion no Kokuin. I think the reason is that Inazuma Eleven is my favorite show and it seems right for me to see what this alternate take of it will lead. Besides, Ares overall wasn't a horrible show so maybe Orion would be an improvement or somewhere along those lines. Right?

Orion no Kokuin is set sometime after the Football Frontier. It's about Asuto and his friends facing the next big stage: The Football Frontier Internationals. Basically, the story is another take of the FFI Arc in the original except with a new Inazuma Japan. But wait there's more. Underneath the tournament is a conspiracy brewing as it may bring an end to real soccer for personal gain. 

The good news is that compared to Ares, the show is actually better. The characters are okay, the soccer matches are amazing, and for once the antagonists have some significance.

The bad news? Compared to the franchise as a whole, it's very underwhelming.

Why? Let's find out.

Disclaimer

Everything written in this book is my personal opinion. If you have a different reaction to the show, that's fine. Love it? Great! Hate it? Okay! In fact, if you never watch it yourself you can always try it out to make your own assessment.

What I don't like is people posting rude, mean, and irrational comments just because they don't like the opinion. Sometime ago, I received comments on my thoughts about Ares telling me to "[curse word] your rants, [curse word] your randomness, and most importantly [curse word] YOU". I reported and deleted those comments because not only they didn't contribute anything to the discussion, but it also was a personal attack that didn't even tell me rationally about how I'm wrong.

I want to keep this space as positive as possible. If you feel that I missed out something important in Orion or you want to talk about certain points then you can bring it up in the comments section.