Recycled Plot Points

I get that it's an alternate timeline and the butterfly effect is bound to happen, but Orion just pushed it way too much. Let's start with the basics.

Ichihoshi's conflict. He's a complete jerk whose mission is to bring the team down from the inside because he needs his brother--who was injured due to an accident to get treated. Sounds familiar? If you think so, then you're correct! It's Tsurugi Kyousuke's story with a new name. While there is no doubt that Tsurugi's backstory is somewhat influenced by Gouenji's backstory it is still unique enough that you won't feel the recycle sensation too much. Then there's that plot twist where it turns out that his brother is actually dead and that he's suffering from split personality disorder. Fubuki Shirou.

To make things even weirder, you won't believe what Coach Zhoa Jiyun suggested. He said that in order for Ichihoshi to be saved he must fuse his two personalities. While Fubuki technically did just that in the original, it's a personal psychological phenomenon that happened because he realized that perfection isn't everything. No one literally told him to "fuse" personalities. Telling someone to do something as abstract and vague as "fuse personalities" is not only crazy but gives everyone the impression that you have no idea with what you're talking about. On another note, it makes Ichihoshi's recovery less personal because rather than doing it through actions, we just have to hear someone else say it for us.

Then there are the events that occurred after the prelims. American Unicorn got the Mr. K dilemma and gets replaced by some Orion team. The Mr. K Dilemma pushes Kidou's personal issues and forces him to overcome the mentally of being trapped under Kageyama's curse. Orion's version is about tiny tornadoes that explode and soldiers who can only follow orders.

Orion using the FFI as an act of terrorism or battlefield beyond soccer because of the multiple countries involved in it just like Garshield's motive to use the FFI to sell weapons of war. And let's not forget Asuto meeting his long lost father like how Endou meets his grandfather...without the emotional baggage. While both stories show the characters interacting with each other before the reveal, Endou's grandfather pushes Endou to become his own person. Asuto's father just promises Asuto to "find" his father and other than that does not contribute to his son's self-improvement besides "Orion is bad". 

Plot lines are getting recycled so much that I could literally predict what's going to happen next since it happened before. It also produces weak emotional value which makes me unemotionally invested with the characters' and their goals.