Chapter 18

Toni's POV

After school, I and Cheryl went to pops. She was acting off ever since we left music class first period.

I wanted to ask her what the problem was but I wanted to give her space first because she looked like she was deep in thought.

We are currently sitting at a booth, sharing fries and cherry cola.

"Baby?" I whispered. Cheryl looked over at me.

I interlaced our hands together. "Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah. Yeah, Why wouldn't I be?" she rushed out. I raised my eyebrow.

"Because you don't look like your okay." I replied.

Cheryl sighed, looking down. She looked back up and smiled.

"C-Can we talk about it later?" She asked. I sighed.

"Yeah. Sure, we can do that." I smiled. She nodded, bringing my hand up to her lips, kissing it softly.

Cheryl's POV

"I don't know what I'd do without you, Toni." I said looking into her eyes.

Love swirled in them, Scaring the shit out of me. Toni... Love me? Or was I just seeing things?

Toni blushed with a giggle. "I don't know what I'd do without you either, Cher." She replied with a soft smile.

I sighed, melting into the seat while staring at her. I felt this ping in my heart that I couldn't describe, I had butterflies in my stomach. It was the best feeling ever.

Toni's mouth was moving but I wasn't listening to a thing she was saying.

"Cher? Baby? Are you listening?" She asked snapping out of my trance.

"Wh- Yeah. Can you repeat that, please?" I asked.

"I said; Do you want to do Ed Sheeran's 'Thinking out loud' as a cover?" She asked.

Shit! That song tops all the love songs. I literally cried when I heard that song for the first time.

"I- uh. Yeah. I guess." I smiled. Toni nodded. She looked at her apple watch, checking the time.

"We should get home. Your mom is making lasagna!" Toni said excitedly.

I chuckled at her giddiness. "Okay. Let's go." I smiled.

Next chapter, They'll work on the song!

Toodles