Part 4: Memories

The pond was still the same pretty teal color. It still reflected the tall green trees and clear blue skies. The soft grass was still the same, but yet it all felt different. I lay gently on the ground, still moist from the previous days of rain. My blue eyes scanned the sky, looking for a single cloud. There were none. Closing my eyes, I let the memories flood over.
* "Sean!" I groan in protest as he threw me over his shoulder. "Put me down!" An evil laugh bubbled from his mouth.
"Never!" It was almost midnight, and I was still in my prom dress from the previous prom dance. He had asked me by my favorite thing in the world, a large stuffed bear that was almost twice my size. It had pretty brown eyes and a red bow around its neck that had "prom?" written on it in pretty sparkly letters.
Prom had been a blast, but all I wanted to do was get changed out of this long pink dress, that showed all of my pretty curves. I was a sophomore and he was a senior now, his last year of prom and he wanted to take his best friend. Last year he took his previous girlfriend, who was a total whore.
But now he was running down the middle of a street at about 11:30, with only an orange glow of the street lights to guide us. "Where are we going?" I huff as we take off fast down a hill. I wasn't worried about him getting tired, he was too muscled and stubborn to even admit that he was tired.
"Who knows." he slowed to a walk and we just sauntered down the road. "We don't have a set path, we're just doing what we think is right at the moment." *
"What's your favorite color?" I whispered into the dark. We were laying on opposite sides of his grandparents' couch, the only sounds were everyone else's steady breathing as they slept. It was almost 1 o'clock in the morning and i wasn't tired a bit.
"Green." He whispered back, his tired voice making me smile.
"Why?" I rolled onto my side so I could face him. My fingers found their way to his hair, combing it softly. It was a habit of mine, I had to pet something to fall asleep. I usually have my cat, but since I was in a different state, I didn't have Millie May.
"A dark green actually. It reminds me of the cold, and cold means that there are less people." I laughed at his answer, yeh that was Sean for ya.
"For having such a big heart, you sure do hate a lot of people."
"I don't have a big heart." His warm brown eyes gazed at me.
"Sure Sean." Smiling warmly at him, I continued to play with his hair until he fell asleep. Soon he started snoring, which put me to sleep.
The next morning we went to a festival which the small town was hosting. He gave me a piggy back ride the whole way there, which was a short road so it didn't matter. It was fun walking around with him. We didn't have to talk the whole time. I lead him around the rents that were filled with shiny objects and jewelry, which was my weakness. Soon we found ourself sitting on the bleachers, watching as the kids did a little tricycle tractor pull. I sat in front of Sean, soaking up the warm sunny glow of the day. The clouds were soft and dispersed, and the sky was a bright happy blue. It twinkled off the small lake that was in front of us. Suddenly it registered in my mind that someone was watching me. Turning around, I caught Sean's eyes. He was looking down at me, the golden rays making his hair look soft and brown. His eyes were smiling down at me, and there was a certain look on his face. He looked away quickly, and my heart leaped. That face, that look that he was staring at me with..it was burned into my brain. *

My phone chirped in my pocket. It was Claire. "You coming?" It read. Glancing at the time, I jumped to my bare feet and swooped down to pick up my heels. In my dress I started off in a light jog. The memories of Sean being locked back up.