Chapter two: A trip to the office

"You need help with that little guy?" Kenny chuckled standing in her doorframe as he watched her try to wake a sleeping Mason up.

She looked up and slowly nodded her head.

"Please." She said.

He walked into her office and picked him up so effortlessly.

"Shall we?" He asked.

"Yes of course." She nodded grabbing her bag off her desk before she led the way.

The elevator came to a halt, as they stepped out into the parking lot.

"This way." Toni said.

They came to a stop in front of her white Audi A1 sportback. Kenny waited as she pulled the back door open before stepping to the side and allowing him to place Mason into the car.

"Thank you." She said closing the door once he stepped back.

"Your welcome." He smiled.

She smiled back as an awkward silence began to surface.

"Well I should really get going."

"Yeah me too." Kenny added as she pulled the driver sides door open. He walked off before he quickly turned around, "hey Toni." He began.

She looked up at him and raised her eyebrows.

"Yes." She responded.

"If there's anything you and Mason need don't ever hesitate to ask me."

She smiled nodding her head.

"Thank you. But I don't think that will be necessary." She shrugged.

"I'm just saying, I'll always be at your service." He smiled.

She nodded before she got into her car. He watched her back out the parking and drive off before he walked towards his car.
__________________________

The next day

"Good morning guys." Toni greeted.

"Good morning Toni!" They all said back with smiles.

"I love that bag Mabel!" Toni complimented their receptionist.

"Thank you. It was a gift from my parents." Mabel smiled as she sat her belongings down and sat down as well.

Everyone just got to work a couple minutes before. Today she made sure she wasn't late. She took the elevator up to her floor soon stepping out and walking into her office to be met by a gift wrapped box. She raised her eyebrows skeptically setting her bag down on her desk and removing her grey coat. She hung it up and walked around her desk taking a seat turning on her iMac. She stared at the box before she noticed the card.

To Mason, from Kenny

Pulling her face in confusion she unwrapped the bow and pulled the top off revealing the exact same glasses Kenny had on yesterday. She smiled looking up to Noelle who was standing there.