Sentimentality

Soul POV

"He's waking up, put more sedatives in the IV before he feels the pain." Who is that, why is my vision getting blurrier? Why is there a weird feeling in my arm? Oh, here comes the black, guess I'll go back to sleep.

"Wake up brat." Giriko said as a pain came from my side, I assumed he kicked me. I moved my arms to cover the pained area and winced as my left arm pulled at my shoulder. I looked at my arm to see a slightly larger, slightly more tanned arm compared to my right one. I stared at it, moving all my fingers and bending my elbow. I tried moving it in sync with my right arm and found it to be a little slower.

"The connection between your shoulder and your arm will strengthen with time and become synchronized with the rest of your body." An Arachne goon in a lab coat said. "You will also need to bulk up so there's not as big of a difference between it and your body."

"That means," Arachne said as she walked into the room. "That you cannot be lazy anymore. Well," She smirked. "Not unless you want to cause your meister pain."

~~~~TIME SKIP~~~~

Today's the day, the day the DWMA attacks the castle, the day I have to kill. My new arm belonged to a greatsword weapon, so my weapon form has a mini version of it on the handle end. I could also transform my left forearm and hand into greatsword blade. Alarms went off, beating against my skull until I was far from the castle. I waded through the crowd of Arachne's followers and stood next to Giriko. He ignored me and addressed the crowd, telling them how they were fighting for Arachne's sake and how that was worth everything. He hit all the right keys to instill a fighting spirit in them, one that would carry them to their death. "ATTACK!" The charge began, no formation to protect them, only a willingness to die for Arachne. I ran to where I heard a familiar chant screamed out from above the rest of the troops,

"It's time to show these idiots what someone who will surpass god can do!" I allowed a smile of familiarity and nostalgia to appear, before attacking the army of Death.

Death the kid POV

I ran into the fray, Black Star in the trees above me. I saw someone effortlessly slaughtering our men. As we neared closer to him, I noticed a sword and a familiar red and black curved blade. My suspicions were proven true when I heard Black Star shout his best friend's name, "SOUL?!" The person in question looked at us with sad eyes before returning to his rending and flaying. It continued until we reached him, at which point he let the rest run off in favor of facing us.

"It's good to see you guys, too bad we're on opposing sides, I really don't want to hurt you."

"Then why?" It was the first time I had ever heard Black Star speak softly. "Why not join us? Join your friends?"

"The only friends I have are Pain, Misery, and Loneliness. And they've been with me far longer than you have."

"What about Maka?" I tried to reach him through her.

"She's why I haven't killed myself to avoid fighting you. I will die before anyone gets in that castle. Because if you do, I will never see her outside of her funeral. Arachne can kill her with the push of a button, and if I beat you guys, then she'll let me be with Maka and see her face for a few hours a day."

"See her face?"

"I can talk to her for an hour most days, but the lights in her room are shut off and we can only talk, never seeing the other." He looked up, tears in the empty orbs that had replaced his eyes, and attacked.