Seated

The pair stood in silence as they waited for their drinks.

"Little one, are you pouting?" Drake finally broke the silence.

"I'm not little and I'm not pouting" she replied.

Drake was amused by her response. "I'm going to let that one go" he chucked turning to face her.

"I want to take responsibility for what happened earlier and so I did not agree to your deal of being even", he finished off.

Lucinda now looked down feeling both small and awkward. He is not wrong her mind told her.
Let it go Luce her spirit whispered.

Deciding to let it go she looked up at him, "okay".

This surprised Drake as he was looking for a fight. But looking in those brown eyes, he saw none.

"Now love, stop the pouting and let's enjoy our coffee, your mocha" he finished right as one of the baristas hands him two cups of steaming hot coffees, "Sir. The mochas will be done in just a minute".

Drake did not reply but just nodded his head in understanding. "Wait right here, I'll take these over to Antonio".

That's when Lucinda took a closer look at the employees in the cafe. They all seemed to address Drake as sir. It wasn't just that, as calling a man 'Sir' was not something unusual, but it was the way their eyes followed his every movement. She also noticed that he was served first before all the other customers that were before them. Looking over at their friends she looked at them then the baristas as if just one look can convey her thoughts. She knew they would ask what was up as they never took their eyes off of her. "Maybe later" she mumbled to herself sighing.

"Pops' coffee and mine. I got you one of those mocha things you drink with almond milk"  Drake said to Antonio back at their table. " I don't know why you insist on mixing your coffee with anything other than coffee" he said shaking his bead.

"You just don't get me" Antonio said playfully.

"Sure"

"I see the judgy coming out" Tony replied. " Who is she by the way" he pointed. "A woman I just met. She is the one who did this" he gestured to his shirt.
"Mmh" was all Tony replied, thinking to himself.

Deciding he didn't want to know what was going through Tony's mind, cause no one ever should know what goes on in Tony's mind, he walked back to the counter.

"Here you go ma'am" the barista said handing Lucinda the two mochas. "Urm....thanks" she replied, confused as to why she was being addressed as ma'am. "Be careful little one" a smooth voice drew closer to her. Taking one cup from Lucinda's hand, he looked at her startled eyes.
"You almost made me drop it, again!" She whined.
"But you didn't" Drake replied without missing a beat.
Giving him a full out smile, a smile Drake will remember for time to come along with the first time she ever spoke his name, "Thank you Dracston".

He couldn't help but note her accent, one he has been unable to pick up on. He stared at her. She was a unicorn. In the whole time he was speaking with her, there was no fear in her eyes, though he did take note of how she looked on his scars but again, he wasn't sure she looked at it as something to fear.

His palm burned to touch her face, and his finger tips tingled to brush her dark hair away from her face.

As if knowing what he was thinking she took her hands and brushed aside the strands that were falling into her face.

"You are most welcome Lucinda" he says to her, genuinely meaning it.

They both walked off their separate ways.