Truth be told

When Lucinda walked out of the bathroom, her friends stared at her like she had two heads.
They've seen her in skirts and dresses before but never had they seen her in a skirt so short without any stockings under, as the shirt was mid thigh length.

"You look good" Addy squealed making Lucinda smile, feeling more confident.

~ Time lapse ~

Well that was about 50 mins ago and now they were all almost through their list of to dos. Financial aid stuff was all set and Toni's applications were almost all set. Addy and Luce were going into their final year of college for their bachelor's, and Toni was now starting the college process despite being around the same age as her friends. "Everything happens within its own time" Addy and Luce kept on reassuring Toni.

While Toni finished up her applications, Addy turned to her homework as all her classes were online and so did Lucinda. As they quietly worked on homework Lucinda kept making eye contact with Dracston every-time she looked up to think, which was not what she wanted to be doing since it made her feel awkward. Every now and then Luce would shift in her seat uncomfortably from making eye contact or out of frustration at the matrix problems she had to do.

Another 30mins passed, and she was pooped. Homework and their to dos took way longer than they thought, especially to Lucinda.

Since four in the morning Lucinda had been completing task after task that she was just plain tired and now becoming grouchy.

Closing her computer screen and letting her head rest on the page of her notebook, she was deflated.

"I feel yah" Addy said laughing looking over at Lucinda.
Toni ceases her typing and also looked over laughing at Lucinda's silliness.
Turning on her chin she looked at the girls.
Making a silly face with her tongue out, no words were spoken from her lips.

Lucinda could feel her mental walls slipping just enough for her to release her mind and just lay there on her cheek with her eyes closed.

A head ache was coming on and the second cup of  coffee she had was taking effect making her want to sleep even more.

Meanwhile this was all happening, across the room, Dracston sat at his table with Antonio and Anderson. Antonio sat comfortably next to Dracston facing the girls' way as Anderson, a stout man with his hair slicked back in his three piece suit spoke to the men about the stack of papers in his right hand.

"Who is the best for the job you think?" He asked only to notice Drake was not paying attention and on it like he usually is.

"Ma boy what seems to be capturing that attention of yours" Anderson asked.

"Nothing Pa" Drake said brushing it off, refocusing on Anderson "From all the applicant I would say Gianni- Tony, what you think?"

Ignoring his comment Anderson was now distracted.

"Well let me take a look at this nothing" Anderson replied turning to follow Drake's line of sight. "She sure is not nothing boy" he said looking over at the girls.
"The one putting her head down I'm guessing?" He asked smirking. " he paused, "what yah know 'bout her?".

"Not much Pa. Forget about it"  he turned back to Anderson and Antonio, "we have all the candidates, I'm sure we ca man come to a conclusion back at the house, nuh?".