Ice Cold

- What are you saying?

Gray couldn't understand what the man in the floor was saying.

- Its true. The man you knew for so long its....

- SHUT UP!

-Huh?

- As if I'm gonna believe any word you say! After what you did to me.... To JUVIA!!!

Gray was furious. Thisvperson, who not only killed the woman he lived with, fought with and even.... he was saying something imppossible.

- How could Natsu be him?!

Invel just took a breath.

- What do you know about Zeref?

Gray was startled by the question.

- I've read some books that said he was a powerful black mage. The most powerful of all time. Stories said he was a scholar who dwelled in dark magic and made a deal with a devil. I've even heard that many of the current types of magic were created by him or that he helped in creating them.

- For the most part, its true. He was feared by most people in the known world. His knowledge helped to create human civilization. However before that, he lived in a tiny village with his parents.... and his little brother.

- Zeref had a brother?

- Yes. But sadly, they meet a terrible fate.

- What?

- One night when his majesty was looking for wood, a group of dragons approached the village.... and burned it to the ground.

Gray gasped after hearing that. He had no idea of Zeref's past.

- After that.... he made it his life's work to bring back to life his dear little brother. He studied, experimented and searched for every method, every magic and every means neccessary to revive him.

Invel tried to get up, but he only managed to barely sit.

- But his work wasn't very well received. Many of the teachers and authorities tried to stop him and even tried to destroy his works. He didn't cared so he continued his work. But.... humans weren't the only ones angry at his work.

Over 400 years ago

A young boy was studying about a new type of magic. He just recently heard of a magic that allowed him to create living beings through the use of magic and incubation method. But then he felt something.

- There's someone coming.

Soon after, a number of teachers and elders entered his room.

- Zeref.

- Oh Director. What's the matter?

- Zeref, please stop this nonsense. You can't bring those who died long ago back to life

- What?

- That's the nature of the world. We can't allow you to defile the laws of the world. Listen to reasomñn for just this once!

- But Director. I'm close to do it. Imagine the posibilities for the future....

- Stop those lies. We know why your doing this

- What?

- Your trying to bring back your brother.

- How did you....?

- We say it with our own eyes. You dared to defile the body of a little boy. Why can't you understand? The death can't return back to life! We are sorry for this but.... due to your many crimes against the nature of life, we have no choice but....

- No.

- We already sent a group to destroy the body and put it to rest.

- NO!

One moment. That is all that it took. In the blink of an eye, everyone, everything.... ceased to exist.

The lifeless bodies of not only the teachers, but the students, the animals, the plants, every single living thing in the area, all fell to the ground.

As he witnessed it all, Zeref fell to his knees, with tears of shock and horror falling from his eyes as his yelled a scream of sheer terror and regret.

- It seemed that, by trying to warp the laws of nature, he had angered Ankhseram, the God of Life and Death. Soon after that, he left the place. He then, with the knowledge of the magic he developed, he created a method to finally bring his brother back.

Zeref gazed at the incubator. As he aproached it, many living beings, of all shapes and forms, kneeled to the ground as he passed them by.

- I finally did it. You can hear me right? My dear younger brother....

He then stopped. As he reached his hand to the incubator, a young boy with pink spiky hair was finally visible from the bubbles and chemicals inside it.

- Etherious Natsu Dragneel.

Soon an explosion was heard in the distance. But it wasn't what worried Gray the most. He then felt a prescence. No. It felt more like.... an omen. As if you felf when an earthquake was about to happen, a tsunami was about to crash or a volcano was about to erupt in flames.

- What is...?

- He.... He's been awakened.

Gray then turned again to face the Winter general.

- Who?!

- Who do you think?

Gray then realized what he meant.

- So.... what are you going to do.... oh noble Demon Slayer?

Gray soon returned to reality. He just gave him a look of disgust and ran off to where "that" was coming from.

Invel then once again falled to the ground.

- So what's it gonna be? Will the hunter slay the monster that no being can stop? Or will be all be consumed by the hellish flames of thy unholy beast?