CHAPTER ONE

"She was powerful

"She was powerful. Not because she wasn't scared but because she went on so strongly despite the fear."

• • •

New Orleans, a place that brings in thousands of tourists every week. The parties never stop and the people never sleep. Musicians are born here and the dancers could build a whole career on the corner of a street here. In the French Quarter, you can find never ending entertainment and have a night you'll never forget.

But, if you look close enough you'll find monsters lurking in the shadows preying on the innocent. You'll find monsters sitting by a table predicting their victims tragic futures for money. Most who visit will never even make it out of New Orleans alive.

Giselle sits in the passenger seat of Rebekah's red mustang with the top off and her hair flowing through the wind freely. She never thought she'd ever allow herself to step back into the city that once brought her so much happiness yet came at a price of so much pain.

She's brought out of her thoughts when she hears the tires crunch on the gravel driveway leading towards a large white mansion that brought so many memories along with it. The mansion was far enough away from the large crowds of people and parties that you could no longer hear the non stop Jazz and she was certain that no one would accidentally wander their way over here.

The plantation looked exactly how they left it. Flashbacks of all their time here pops up in Giselle's mind but Rebekahs driver door slamming brings her back.

"Elijah!" Rebekah exclaims annoyed with the phone up to her ear. They had been trying to call Elijah non stop since they began their trip here and he apparently was too busy to answer. They both had begun to become slightly worried, the noble original normally always answered his phone. "If not answering your phone is part of your plan to get Giselle and I back to this godforsaken city then we'll done. I'm here, and we're worried. Now pick up before I kick in your bloody door!" She shouts before ending the voicemail.

Rebekah opens the front door to the plantation with Giselle following to see a cautious brunette walking down the stairs with a fire poker in her hand holding it threateningly. "Who the hell are you?"

Giselle narrows her eyes in suspicion. 'This must be the pregnant wolf. Cute.' She thinks.

Rebekah huffs throwing her phone and keys on a nearby table waving her off in dismissal, "You must be the maid. Our bags are in the car, fetch them will you?"

Giselle coughs into her hand, attempting to muffle her laugh at the offended look on the little wolfs face.

"Hello? Not the maid." The wolf snaps highly annoyed already.