Chapter 3

(Narrator's Point of View)

So days after that faithful day, Marinette avoided Adrien, Adrien trying to get a minute with Marinette, Chloe still being a brat and Scarlet Moth not being seen again by Marinette.

She was worried that he was planning something. She missed being in the company of Emilie and Alya. She missed Adrien.

Marinette decided to clear her mind and go and buy a book from the bookstore since she is avoiding the library. And that she has some money left from her allowance.

On her way to the bookstore, she was constantly worried that she might see Scarlet Moth or any ghosts.

She was going through the options she has in front of her, trying to distract herself from reality.

"Sense and Sensibility."

She looks at a girl next to her. It was the same one she saw in the library a few days ago.

Marinette spoke up, "What?"

"Sense and Sensibility. A classical novel by Jane Austen from the year 1811. There are also other works like Pride and Prejudice, Emma and Mansfield Park but I prefer Sense and Sensibility."

Marinette smiled finally finding a friend with the same interests. "I like that book too although I actually prefer Shakespeare."

"Romeo and Juliet?" She asked if it's her favorite.

"That's the one," Marinette smiled back at her with her answer.

"I'm Marinette."

"Iridessa."

Marinette just stared at her.

"I know it's the name of that light fairy from Tinkerbell but I like it." She defended and trying to sound tough but she broke into a laugh. Marinette then started to laugh with her.

"I heard you and your friend, Adrien is it, fighting at the library a few days," She explained to her as soon as their laughter died down.

"So you heard?"

"You guys weren't exactly discreet. And you aren't easy to forget. Dark hair in pigtails. Pretty bluebell eyes with glasses. Although you might apologize to the guy. Or he to you."

That Marinette wasn't prepared to do. She still was upset that she thought that Adrien might be different from the rest.

"I don't think I can," Marinette spoke with a small voice.

"Oh, sure you can. You just walk up to him. He says sorry. You accept his apology. You guys start to date and happily ever after."

Marinette just blushed at the comment but nevertheless continued. "We might not be able to date. He will just think I am a freak."

"Says who?"

"So says, everyone!"

Marinette was just getting even more and more heartbroken at her words.

Iridessa just looked up her, "Sorry, I am just sticking my nose in other people's businesses."

"No it's not that, it's just... I don't know..." Marinette said trailing off.

"You like him, don't you?"

All Marinette could do was nod.

"Just go talk to the guy. Hear what he has to say. Also go and read this book," Iridessa says as she hands Marinette a book. "This might change your life, I am truly a sucker for romance. Also, say hi for Adrien for me, now would you. Bye."

She turns off and walks away leaving Marinette with her thoughts.

Marinette then promised herself that as soon as she sees Adrien, she will listen to what he wanted to tell her. Even if it meant that Adrien thinks she is a freak. She has to know where they stand...

~~~