Chapter 7

Narrator's Point of View

Marinette was alarmed. Her first thought that ran through her head was that Adrien was dead. The second one was that he couldn't be.

Adrien was walking through the crowds of people and nobody noticed him. As if he was never there.

He then noticed Marinette and saw her tear-streaked expression and the surprise in her face.

Adrien looked down at his hands and saw it was almost transparent with a whitish hue.

"You can see me?" Adrien asked the bluenette and was surprised since nobody saw him but she did.

She nodded as she glanced at him. She for one didn't know what happened to him but she needed to know or she would lose her mind.

She stood up, walking up to the receptionist, preparing for what to say.

Normally she wouldn't be talking to people unless it was ghosts or the family of the ghosts, but she knew what she wanted to know. Albeit a little nervous.

"H-hey. I am an f-friend of Adrien Agreste. I wanted to know if he is okay," Marinette stutters as she gazes at the stern grey eyes of the lady.

"You and every girl, Missy," the old lady snaps at her, making Marinette jumped.

Marinette knew it wouldn't be easy to get information, but she has too. So Marinette took a page from Chloé, she started to cry softly.

The old lady's stern eyes started to soften so Marinette knew she was halfway through.

"Adrien is a friend of mine and I am really worried about him. I just want to know if he's okay. Please?" Marinette pleads to the lady with tears streaking her face.

"Okay. Adrien Agreste is doing well but he has slipped into a coma this morning," The old lady explained, eyes still stern.

Marinette's eyebrows furrowed as she quickly asked, "How long could he remain like this?"

"We don't know. He was just fine yesterday. We hope he wakes up soon," the lady answers.

"Thank you so much, " Marinette replies gratefully as she rubs the tears from her eyes. She quickly went back to the waiting room as she saw Adrien, looking lost.

"What has happened, Marinette?" Adrien asks, his voice sounding hollow between the crowds of people.

Marinette honestly didn't know what happened. How is any of this possible? Adrien couldn't be here as a ghost. The only ghosts she saw was already dead.

She felt lost as she didn't have the answers she so desperately wants and needs.

With a shrug, Marinette mouthed to him, "I don't know."

~~~