Chapter 4

(Narrator's Point of View)

Days had passed since Marinette and Adrien's argument at the library. Both of them wanting to fix up their friendship, only neither of them was brave enough.

Although Marinette haven't seen Alya at school as often as she did before, the one or two times Alya was seen she encouraged her to make more friend.

But even the ombre girl could see that Marinette still thought of Adrien.

Even Nino noticed how down Adrien looked but didn't know why.

Chloé hasn't teased or bullied Marinette. In fact she hasn't bullied anyone at school. Maybe an insult or two but nothing more than that.

After school, Marinette planned on making her way to the library where she could forget about the world all around her. About Adrien and Scarlet Moth.

Just as she exited the school entrance, her bluebell eyes connected with the emerald green eyes of Adrien Agreste.

None of them said anything. Just holding an unspoken war against their own thoughts.

Adrien decided to break the silence between them with an overdue apology.

"Look Mari, I am truly sorry. I didn't know what got into me. I shouldn't have called you childish and crazy. I didn't mean it," He sincerely apologized to Marinette.

"I have already forgiven you, Adrien," Marinette replied softly looking into his eyes, "Only it can't be forgotten so soon."

"I'll make it up to you," Adrien said suddenly.

"You don't have to, Adrien. Your apology means a lot to me," Marinette quickly exclaimed, for she is happy that she didn't lose Adrien as a friend.

"I insist. Nino has invited me and some other guys to visit a frozen lake this Saturday to skate. You wanna join us?" Adrien asked Marinette.

"Are you sure? I don't really skate and..." Marinette trailed off trying to make up an excuse.

"Don't worry about it. I'll teach you," Adrien beamed at her offering her to teach her to skate. All Marinette could do was silently nod and smile.

They then walked together to the library, both not saying a word. Only they didn't feel hurt or upset. They felt content. They both enjoyed the silence.

Adrien however still didn't believe Marinette's story about ghosts but he rater not go about that topic. Marinette was a really nice girl when you got to know her.

When they both arrived at the library, Adrien and Marinette both reached for the door and accidentally touched hands.

They both recoiled back blushing really bad.

It was really awkward between them. Both of them hearts pounding and they weren't sure what that feeling was that they were feeling.

Adrien then opened the library entrance and allowed Marinette to go in first.

As Marinette walked over to her usual spot at the back of the library, she glanced back at Adrien's emerald eyes before tearing herself away. She sat on the couch with a lovesick expression holding Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet.

"So did you both made up?" A voice suddenly spoke up startling Marinette. She sighed in relief when she saw it was just Emilie.

"Yes. He apologized to me," Marinette sighed once again dreamily.

Her ghost friend just smiled at the fact that Adrien apologized. She was shocked at that those were the words that came out of his mouth.

Emilie then silently excused herself while she was staring at Marinette's lovesick daze and Adrien who was putting books away but was barely paying attention to what he was doing.

Then Emilie suddenly felt this bad feeling and quickly spanned around. She saw nothing yet she knew who was there.

~~~
Heya, it's me, FrostyBug. I am so sorry for not updating much. I have an online school now and have writer's block. I will try to update more often. Also sorry for the short chapter. So this is me...

Staying Frosty and Bugging Out!!!