Chapter 2: Worried

In Hayami's Dorm room
Time: 6:30am

Hayami was sleeping peacefully, but Chiba was awake. Then he got up from the couch.

"What time is it?"he yawned, looking at the clock. "6:30am?"he said and looked for Hayami. Then went into her bedroom, opening the door slowly trying to be quiet.

"Heh, who said that she will cook breakfast for me?"Chiba chuckled, closing the door and went out.

He cooked breakfast for himself and for Hayami, too. It's fried rice. "*sigh* I hope she likes it,"said Chiba. He was setting the table, waiting for her to come out.

*creak!*

"What's that smell?"sniffed Hayami.

"Hayami-san!"he called her.

"You cook?"asked Hayami.

"Yes,"he replied. Then they ate the food.

15 minutes later...

"Chiba-kun,"she called him, washing the dishes. He hummed in response.

"Are you going to work today?"she asked.

"Of course, but I'll talk to them about transferring to your place,"he answered.

"Do you want me to walk you to station?"she suggested.

"I'm...,"he stopped, "Sure,"he smiled.

"I'll go get dressed first,"she smiled.

"I'll go change then,"he smiled back.

Chiba was changing, and Hayami was taking a bath.

Time Skip~
At The Train Station

"See you, Chiba-kun,"Hayami smiled. He waved and smiled at her. Then the train left ,and she went to work.

At the Police Station

She arrived at the police station.
"Hi, Hayami-san!"greeted Minjoo.

"Ohayogozaimas Minjoo-kun,"she greeted back. "What's going on today?"she asked, putting her jacket down on her desk.

"A report from a school about a murder mystery. They said it was a murderer in disguise. The murderer have killed 3 students,"he answered.

"I'll take the work,"she replied.

"What!?"he shouted. The others heard him , so some of them step into the conversation.

"What's wrong?"a women asked. Then he explained it to her and the others.

"Hayami-san, you have been working for the last 9 months already!"the other guy shouted.

"I don't want you to work none stop! Please take a break for once,"said Minjoo, worried about his friend.

*Minjoo's POV*

Hayami usually work more than she needs to. She works as an investigator, but works like a cop. How, you might ask? There are sometimes that she catches criminals on her own, but that's not the thing. The thing is...she almost died last year! Why? The criminal got the chance to kill her while she was trying to catch him on her own. The criminal is ready for anything. He stopped running from her and did something to make her lose her stability, but she used her last strength, picked up her gun and shot at his shoulder, he's still trying to get her. He almost reached her, but the police got there on time before she got killed. She didn't tell me the whole story. And I know that she love her job but I think she overdo it a little.