0 ⇢ prologue

You sighed, tired after all the walking around for your move. Maybe you should've invited some friends over to help or done this not so early in the morning. You opened one of the drawers on your desk, gasping slightly as the whole drawer came out and items spilled out of it. "God." You exhale sharply as you begin to pick up the items.

"Ouch, fuck!" You retreated your hand back, sucking the newly formed wound on your finger. You gently picked up the apparent cause of your cut and examine the picture in the now cracked picture frame, memories flowing through your head in a rush.

"(Y/N)...." Your childhood friend, Albert started, a sad tone in his voice. "Yeah?" You replied biting down on your lip, worried. "I'm sorry I'm telling you so last minute but...my mom just told me we're moving." He looked down at the floor in a weak attempt to hide the tears welling up in his eyes. "Why? Where?" You said as you began to panic. "What does this mean for our friendship, everything?"
Albert looked away. "Because....my parents just want to start and new life, and...to Florida." He hugged you. His warm embrace made you feel safe. "Albert..." You started, face wet with tears. He just nodded. "Do you promise to never forget me?" You asked, teary-eyed. Albert placed his hand on his chest and closed his eyes, a few tears falling from them.

"I promise, forever."

✧┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈✧
You sniffled, not even knowing you had started to cry. "Okay, enough of my pity party." You said to yourself, wiping your tears and going back to your packing.

What happened to Albert anyway?