Chapter 8

"You made it home! I thought you all died!" Carly exclaims. "Is Hannah home?" Ryder asks. "Yep." He pushes through Carly and jogs to her room. "Woah. What was that about?" "Probably the party. He was super pissed about her crashing it." Max tells me. "Oh." "She's such a freak." Carly says. "Anyways let's get unpacked so maybe we could go to that coffee shop."

     Ryder  walks into our room about two minutes later. "She's obsessed man." He tells Thomas. "What did she say?" Max asks. "So earlier she sent me a text saying that she knew I was coming over today and to meet her in her room,  so you know, that's what I did. But then she asked to get back together and I was just like, I like someone so back off. She's a creep." "Yeah." Max agrees. Thomas nods.

     We grab all of Carly's stuff,  and move it to my room. In the end our room looks amazing!  "Thanks guys!" I say. Thomas comes over to me and puts his arm across my shoulder, "How about that date?" He says into my ear. I hug him. "How about we all go hang out then this Friday we can have a real date?" I raise my eyebrows and smile. "Sure. There's that Harley look again... " he laughs. "Will y'all stop flirting and get over here?" Ryder says. "Nope." Thomas replies and he leans over kissing my forehead. He suddenly throws me over his shoulder. I scream again. "You guys are kinda couple goals though! " Carly squeals. "I gotta pee know!"we all laugh at her as she runs out of our room.  "No. I think Harley and I would be better together." Max says. Thomas scrunches his nose. "Do all of you really like me?" I laugh. "Okay honestly yea." Max nods. Ryder just shrugs and smiles at me. "Max and Carly would be cute together." I whisper in Thomas's ear. "Yesss!" He grins. "Let's go guys!" Ryder yells. I almost forgot that I was slung on Thomas's back.  I hold on tight and we run.

     "This place is so cute!" I say as we walk into a small little juice bar. Thomas holds on to my hand. "It's my favorite place I town. " He tells me. Max grabs me around my waist. "Lemme show you something!" "Um. Kay?" He drags me to a small porch outside and tells me to close my eyes. I clamp them shut. I can feel his breath against my face. He rotates me. "Open... " I look up to see the most beautiful sunset I think I have ever seen. "Oh... Max! It's so beautiful!" I smile at him. "Just like you... " He blushes. "Oh. Thanks." I look away. It was a sweet thing to say but,  I like his best friend! He can't put me in a corner like that. Ryder walks out with Thomas right behind him. "Where's Carly?" Max asks. Oooh. "Ordering juices. What were you two doing?" Ryder answers,  giving Max a dirty look. "Trying to work my magic but I don't think its working... " Max shakes his head. "It didn't!" Everyone laughs,  but Max looks away. Carly walks out stumbling on Ryder's shoe. Max grabs her arm. "You good?" He asks her. "Get your hands off me perv!" She yells at him. Maybe they wouldn't go together. "Sorry!" He rolls his eyes at her. We all order tropical drinks. Yum!

     "They're all hitting on you! I have to set Max up with someone otherwise he'll keep trying to pull that crap and you WILL start liking him!" Thomas pulled me back into the bar. He was really mad at Max. "Set him up with who?" I ask. "Tessa,  Carly...? I don't know if he would even go for Tessa. I doubt that she would go for him actually." He laughs a bit. "I'll ask Carly if she would ever date him, and you know girls always change their minds!" I giggle. "Yea, that's why I'm worried that you'll fall for Max!" I nod. Max has a bad temper. And sometimes I do too,  that would be like fire on fire. But, only the future has the answers.