Part 5

Prepare for probably the last chapter in the fic.

-*-

Viperion/Kobra PV

The poles came crashing down in a certain way, so that it created a heavy makeshift cage that surrounded me.

Me and Ladybug.

I watched, half proud of what I did, as she cursed and kicked at the cage bars. I walked up to her, and put my hand on her right shoulder. She whirled around, yoyo out and spinning.

"Very clever," I said, a smirk on my face, waving my other hand at the poles around us. "The poles were a marvellous idea."

She shook my hand off of her shoulder. Chat was right, I thought lazily, Ladybug certainly is...quite gorgeous. I heard her earring beep. I let my tongue flick out, gently touching Ladybug's nose, making her flinch. I took a half step closer. 

"You...taste familiar, and...mmm...good too." I hissed. I heard her sharp intake of breath. Another beep. She pressed her back against the wall of bent steel, muttering quiet, rushed words. I grabbed her chin and forced it up, and her eyes met my gaze. I didn't call my spell. I just wanted to inspect her face. I gently stroked her pale cheeks. 

Her bluebell eyes were filled to the top with pure terror. Another beep. 

"It means that you'll be detransforming soon, hmm?" I hissed, tracing her beautiful jawline. I felt her shudder slightly under my claws. 

"Ladybug!" The cat limped up the steps, eyes full of rage. "What are YOU DOING-"

"Silence," I growled, then, voice more gentle, I said, "Your plan was...flawed slightly, unlike Hawky's. I always wanted to know who you were, under the mask..." I let go of the trembling form of Ladybug, just as the final beep sounded. 

Faint pink light surrounded the heroine, and she detransformed, leaving Marinette Dupain-Cheng in her place. 

Of all the people I expected.

Marinette Dupain-Cheng.

She dropped to her knees. I looked around to find that Chat had turned his back to the cage, probably wishing to keep Ladybug's promise to keep their identities secret. His body shuddered. I turned back to the sobbing form of Marinette, my heart half-breaking...She lied to me, my inner darkness growled, she deserves it

Hawk Moth roared, "I sensed her detransforming. She's is weak. Take her Earrings!"

My brain exploded with pain, red-hot knives gouging out my eyes. One side, my sane side, pleading to ignore Hawk Moth, while the Akuma urged me on. I breathed heavily, My eyes watering from all that pain. I couldn't do this. Not to the only one that bothered to listen, not to the love of my life, the notes of my melody. I fell to my knees, screeching and clutching my head.

Hawk Moth didn't want to wait any longer, not with the miraculous just inches away.  He controlled my hand, and I screamed harder as I felt lava course my veins, the Akuma forcing my hand, in short jerks, to get the miraculous. 

"MARINETTE!" I yelled, my voice somehow back to normal, my vision clearing. The purple fog brushing aside for a few seconds so I could see her face, scared and terrified. I grasped onto my own arm, and tried yanking it away, but Hawk Moth controlled more power. He forced my hands apart and brutally attacked my mind.

"CATACLYSM!" I heard Chat yell, and saw the poles falling apart into rusted shreds. I clawed at the fog, at the black butterflies that clouded my eyes, burrowing into them. I managed to see Chat, his eyes shut tight, leading Marinette away from me. I let out another roar, opening my eyes to see and feel black liquid pouring out of them.