𝟎𝟎𝟏

Look, I'm not a criminal. I swear on my grandmother's grave, I'm not the type of person to be into crime.

I stole one thing. So what? Mary Andrews stole my lip balm in the third grade. I used my powers to steal $15,000 from Walter Haynes. Moral of the story is: it's okay to steal if you want it more than them.

Walter Haynes was a filthy rich business man, I was a third grader with over-moisturized lips. See? We're practically the same. I think that justifies why I stole $15,000 from Mr. Haynes, and it justifies why Mary Andrews stole my lip balm.

Then again, I still haven't forgiven Mary for stealing my lip balm, and I sure as hell don't think my buddy Walter will be all that pleased when he finds out a 17 year old girl made a dent in his bank account. But it's a good thing that my best bud Walter will never find out. All he knows is that someone stole $15,000 dollars from him. He was rich enough that the only reason why he'd be angry about it would be because his ego was damaged in the process.

Tragic.

Besides, I went through months of planning to execute my plan, it was quite obvious I wanted his money more than him, so my actions were justified.

Maybe it made me a bad person for not feeling guilty, but when you're fifteen thousand dollars richer, it's quite easy to push down your guilty conscience.

"Breaking news: the crime-fighting hero, Guardian Angel, was spotted in a violent battle with resident deviant-"

Finnigan Cabot, or as I liked to call him; Fish, muted the tv in annoyance.

"This is starting to get old, ya know." He muttered.

"What? The cheesy superhero names or the deviants constantly attacking?" I drawled, dipping a fry into my ketchup. Propping my head up on my hand, I looked out the window. The dark sky contrasted with the bright lights of the city served as a sign to all criminals that it was time to emerge. It was already past 8:00 PM, meaning it was just the right time for superhumans and petty thieves to get into their usual spats.

"Hey, Guardian Angel's name isn't cheesy," He defended. "I was talking about how every time you turn on the news, they're there. It's like you can't escape them. Everywhere you look there's some kind of superhuman-"

"Hey kid!" A customer yelled. "Unmute the tv! I wanna hear the news!"

Fish silently groaned and unmuted the tv from behind the counter.

"You were saying?" I raised an eyebrow.

"As I was saying, I feel like all you hear about is these superhumans doing this, or superhumans doing that. Not to be old fashioned, but you don't even get to hear about normal people robbing banks anymore." Fish grumbled, but his attitude changed upon seeing Guardian Angel fly graciously across the tv screen. "But of course, I am not talking about my true love and idol Guardian Angel! My beautiful hero could do no wrong."

"He's probably jusy a regular guy under that ugly mask of his," I reasoned. "I don't understand your love for him, I feel like out of all the heroes he's the most basic."

"Things are basic for a reason, Robyn. I've checked the polls, he's the most popular hero in the country." Fish chastised me. "And how dare you call him "just" a regular guy, he's literally angelic, have you seen him?"

"Finnigan Cabot! You better help me wait these tables or you're going to be unemployed by the end of summer!" Fish's mom yelled from the kitchen.

"As your mother can she even fire you?" I whispered to him, scared that Mrs. Cabot would hear me.