𝐚 (𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐟) 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

I'm going to be honest, I have no clue how three guys with guns, helmets, and black armor started chasing me.

I was there, they were there, and then they decided to try to kill me. Fresh meat, you know? It's a dog eat dog world out there.

I was on a jog when three guys with big guns started chasing me. Coincidently, Eye of the Tiger by Survivor just started playing. Better yet, I passed a mariachi band as I was running for my life.

Sadly, even though the mariachi band was very entertaining, the strange people who were chasing me did not stop to listen to their festive tunes.

As they gained on me, I remembered that I had a taser on me so I did the first thing that came to mind. I threw it at them. I threw a taser at my attackers.

No, I didn't taser my attackers, and no, it didn't come to my mind to actually use the taser the right way, but it slowed them down.

For a split second, I think they were really taking in how idiotic I actually was.

Eye of the Tiger continued to blare on, and with the volume of my music I was most likely going to be tone deaf by the time I was done with my run. I made a mental note to lower the volume of my music before I went on death defying jogs for the next time that it happened.

For a minute I actually thought that I lost the Holy Trinity of burly, gun-wielding men, but they reappeared soon enough.

I sprinted along the cobblestone path, knocking over dog walkers and joggers alike. Trees shrouded the area and to the right of me was the bay.

I had two options, jump in the bay, or keep running. I decided that I didn't exactly feel in the mood to reenact a scene from Titanic today so I chose the latter.

I ran out of the park, sweating my ass off. How long had they been chasing me? An hour? 45 minutes? 5 minutes? Either way I was out of breath.

At this point, all I could wonder was; how the hell do three men who are wearing protective black material, carrying heavy looking guns, chase me around and not even break a sweat? Better yet, why had nobody called the police on them yet? Excuse me, three big men with a gun chasing a completely innocent girl down the street? Hello? Does this remind anybody of--oh, I don't know--murder?

I sprinted across the street causing many people to honk at me, but I got out alive and that was all that mattered.

I ran at full speed without looking back towards a familiar diner and I quickly put a cap and sunglasses on to shroud my appearance.

"Fish, let me hide behind your counter!" I exclaimed while jumping over the counter.

"Robyn— what the hell?!" Fish shrieked in a voice that was way too squeaky for a boy who'd already gone through puberty.

"Don't tell them I'm here!" I hissed.

"Don't tell who-"

"Where is she?!" The leader of the three musketeers demanded. "Where is the girl?!"

Okay, I may have lied. I kind of know why three big men with guns were chasing me. Only kind of.

It all began a few months ago.