part 6

Ben's pov
We found the house that Marcus was keeping Skye in. The police were on there way and they said I could go, as long as I stayed outside. We were right out side the house when I heard Skye scream and a gun go off. At that moment I panicked and ran inside. Skye was in a corner wrapped up like a ball crying while the cops were putting handcuffs on Marcus. They didn't notice the gun amid at Skye though so I jumped in front of her. She screamed then everything went black.

Skye's pov
Ben and the cops had come and found me. I wasn't going to die here, I was going home and seeing my family. Marcus was getting ready to shoot one of the cops but the other pushed him down. I screamed and the gun went off. The next thing I no is Ben is in front of me. Marcus is getting ready to shoot me but Ben jumps in the way. He took a bullet for me and I know most girls would say Awwww but when you have your boyfriend laying in front of you bleeding and unconscious it's not really an Awww moment.  We are on our way to the hospital and my family is going to meet us there.

20 minutes later(still Skye's pov)

My dad, Sean, Danielle, Kaylee, Noah, and Josh all run into the hospital with tears running down their faces. I'm engulfed by all them in a massive hug and I start to cry realizing how much I have missed them.
"How is Ben Skye?" Sean asked. His voice cracked and tears were threatening to fall.
"The doctors rushed him into surgery. I don't know how he is yet." I said. Just at that moment the doctor came out asking for us.
"How is he doc?" I ask. The worriedness laced in my voice.
"He's going to be just fine. However he wouldn't be able to do any physical work for about a month and he needs someone by his side at all times."
"Can we go see him?"
"Of course but only one at a time."
"Skye you go. You haven't seen him in 2 months other then when he was getting shot." I smiled gratefully and walked to Ben's room. As I was approaching the room I got scared. What if Ben blamed me for getting shot? Then he would leave me and all my fighting would have been for nothing. I entered his room really to be told to leave but Ben had other ideas.
"Come here baby. I missed holding you."
"Your not mad at me?"
"Of course not. Why would I be mad?"
"I'm the reason you got shot."
"Oh hunny, that's not your fault. I love you and I'm never losing you again."
"I love you too. I'm sorry I tricked you guys."
"Its ok Skye. We were kinda overwhelming. I'm sorry too."