Chapter Two: New World

Hero was woken up by a car honk. He jumped up and looked out the alley. Seeing a line of big machines. What could those be? Don't know, don't matter. What matters is that he gets home to his owner. He got out of the box and started to walk close to the buildings, staying away from other people.

   He now realized how filthy he was, his white fur stained with beer, his tail had mud on it and so did his paws. He didn't want to lick himself, feeling that the beer would harm him. He had to dodge a whole lot of people, his tail being stepped on a lot. Some kids threw rocks at him.

   He ran down the sidewalk, too afraid to go into the road. He started to panic, panting again and shaking. He soon came to a hiding spot behind a corner. He took that and curled up, crying softly. ....wait.. something smells familiar.

   He starts smelling the air... HOTDOGS!! He ran to a little shop that sold bbq food. He snuck in through an open window and meowed loudly at the cashier.

   He was a tall man, light blonde hair and violet eyes. He smiled at the cat and bent over the counter, picking up the dirty cat. "Hello Kitty." He had a strong accent that made the cat purr. He chuckled back and brought it to the back of the store, knowing his shift was almost over. He went into the employee bathroom, putting the cat in the sink and beginning to wash them.

   Hero purred more. That cat loved baths so much and would always beg his owner to wash him. He allowed himself to be watched and was soon almost clean. "When We get home I will need to use soap for some of your spots.." the what sounded like russian man mumbled to himself.

   'Home! We are going home!!' Hero got really excited and shook himself off, getting water on the human. The human laughed at this and smiled, picking the cat up. He wrapped them in his extra jacket and started to go to a weird thing, that made a ding when he put paper in it.

   Ah, but the cat was more focused on going home, seeing his owner. Oh my gosh how lovely would that be?! He cat purred louder and closed his eyes, remember all the fun things at home, the toys, the food, and his owner! His owner was so nice. He started to miss his alien plushie too.

   'Home.' Hero though happily as he was carried gently. This human was so nice! Taking him home and cleaning him! So amazing! Maybe the town wasn't so bad.

[Word count: 456