Pastel

Being in the amusement park is the last thing in Zivry's mind.

With Austell's enthusiasm for his first time riding the rides with an all time high, Zivry is forced to go with Yvonne tagging along.

Austell can barely contain the glee in his face when the three of them are inside the park.

"I want my first ride to be monumental!" declares Austell with unhidden excitement.

Yvonne turns his gaze towards Zivry who, being too old for this gimmick, is looking so out of place, all of a sudden.

The amusement park is packed with beaming kids and teenagers, together with their equally enthused parents, friends, and relatives.

"I want to ride a roller-coaster!" Austell yells with a childlike wonder.

Yvonne smiles at that. Zivry on the other hand, declines the invitation and suggests that Yvonne should go with Austell.

Yvonne gives Zivry a questioning look.

"You're not going? It would be fun with you being there with us. Come on, Ziv!" pleads Yvonne.

Zivry just shakes his head to give his dissent.

"You should enjoy yourself. I'll be waiting here after your ride," states Zivry with an easy smile, indicating his encouragement.

Austell is almost bursting with voracious hunger for fun. And aside from his idea of fun, his heart is happy that will experience his first ride with Yvonne.

While Austell drags the reluctant Yvonne into the roller-coaster ride, Zivry's smiling face changes to a worried frown.

Something in his head is brewing. An ugly monster consuming his thoughts. The monster is threatening to kill every single happy memory he have had with his beloved people. The once fairytale he used to imagine is now a nightmare waiting to spill the darkness he is hiding.

Zivry's ugly thoughts is devouring his remaining sanity.

I need more time. I don't want time to run out. In the past, I wouldn't have wished time to stand still, but now, I'm a contradiction to my former self. I must compose myself to restore my former glory or else I will lose it all.

The inner battle in Zivry's mind is a war zone. No one is safe inside his own sanctuary. Not even himself.

*

Austell's beaming face is similar to a child receiving his Christmas presents.

His elation is an influence to Yvonne's somewhat passive face.

"I'm so excited, Yvonne! It's my first time riding a roller-coaster! I must admit, I don't want to be seen as a hyper child, but this excitement is almost killing me," yells Austell as he and Yvonne navigate through the endless sea of people.

Yvonne smiles despite him missing Zivry's presence.

"I must say that your excitement is contagious. Even though I've ridden a lot of rides before, the same old excitement is still there. How I wish Zivry is here. But... never mind, I will enjoy this just like the first time," promises Yvonne to Austell.

The mention of his father's name brings a strange feeling inside Austells heart- a tinge of jealousy that he quickly dismisses.

Austell, with a determined nod, drags Yvonne towards the roller-coaster's entrance to pay for the tickets.

Yvonne's eyes keep on looking back at Zivry's face, who has a smile plastered on his face.

The moment Yvonne and Austell are situated in their designated seats, Zivry gives them an "approved" sign then the roller-coaster starts to take its course.