Vale

The fluctuating beeping sound of the heart monitor plunges Yvonne in a roller-coaster ride of emotions.

Zivry's sudden collapse has brought havoc into Yvonne's reality. The doctor assigned to Zivry, a colleague of his, confirms the cause of such fall - cerebral aneurysm and seconded by sporadic alzheimer's disease.

The doctor explains that such sporadic alzheimer's is not a novel health issue with regard to Zivry. He has been diagnosed with such kind of ailment since he was 35.

"Are there any instances where he randomly forgets things or events that he usually does not forget?" asks Zivry's doctor in a professional manner.

There's something in Yvonne's mind that suddenly clicks.

Yvonne just observes Zivry's facade. It seems like Zivry's face is an anomaly in itself. In Yvonne's conviction, no mortal possesesses the same enchanted look. Though this face transforms from a bewitching butterfly to a haunting canvas, such beguiling aura is retained. No amount of passing of time could ever change that.

"Can you believe it that this is my first time riding a ferris-wheel? I was nervous at first but when I see your excited face, I just can't bother myself to feel nervous," then Zivry holds Yvonne's hand. "Thank you for being here in my first time riding the ferris wheel."

The earnest expression projects straight towards Yvonne's already weak heart.

But the mindboggling fact remains: this isn't the first time they experience riding a ferris wheel.

Yvonne is beyond confused as to what the implications are. Many possibilities, yet too few to understand.

Yvonne's strength almost leaves his body upon learning the hurtful truth. Too many times, Zivry hinted his condition yet he just disregarded this unilaterally.

Zivry's family including Austell hovers around him calmly. The only one who is hysterical is Yvonne. The fact that Zivry chose to hide it from him alone has almost driven him into the brink of insanity.

"I must admit that his condition is not stable. We did our best. As his colleagues, we did what we can do even breaking protocols just to prolong his life. I'm sorry to say this but any minute now, he might slip away. He is in a comatose state, and I fear that we no longer have the luxury of time to be with him," says the doctor with a downcast expression.

Each of them around the room has different reaction. Elizabeth and Josh both hug each other in an attempt to lessen the pain as they cry. Phoenix just holds Zivry's hand as his tears of despair flow endlessly. Paige, on the other hand, is hysterical to the point that she faints in her husband's arms.

Austell solemnly stares at Zivry with tears building in his eyes. Even though Zivry already told him about this, the impact of such loss is still too much for him to handle.

He remember the words his father had told him when he revealed his condition.

Zivry pats the bed to indicate his invitation for Austell to sit with him.

"Austell, I have something to tell you. Listen to me carefully, and do not, in any way interrupt me, okay?" says Zivry with a patient smile.

Austell is buffled as to why Zivry is acting in such way, but nevertheless gives his assent.

Zivry spares him a glint of smile of appreciation.

"I have sporadic alzheimer's disease. And keeps on devouring my remaining memories every single day. This disease is too much for me to handle alone, that's why I need you to do something for me. You need to be there for Yvonne. I know you already know about us, and I hope you'd forgive me for that. I'm not asking you to forgive me because of our past, but because I hid it from you for so long that it already amounted to betrayal of trust.