Active & Passive Voice

Bare with me on this chapter. It was a request a while ago and the answers here are from google as I wasn't totally sure.

Active Voice
The active voice describes a sentence where the subject performs the action stated by the verb. It follows a clear subject + verb + object construct that's easy to read.

Passive Voice
With passive voice, the subject is acted upon by the verb.

You'll notice that, in the passive voice examples below, there are a few key words. Examples include:
is - is roamed; is viewed
was - was changed; was run
were - were eaten; were corroded

Pay special attention to the subject in each sentence. Is the subject performing the action denoted by the verb? If so, chances are you have a nice, clear sentence, written in active voice. In the passive voice, however, the subject is no longer performing the action of the verb. Rather, it's being acted upon by the verb.

Put another way, the subject of a sentence in the passive voice is no longer the "doer" of the action, but the recipient of the action. Meanwhile, what was the subject of a sentence in the active voice (the "doer") becomes the "agent" in the equivalent passive voice sentence.

Active Voice
Harry ate six shrimp at dinner.

Passive Voice
At dinner, six shrimp were eaten by Harry.

Active Voice
Beautiful giraffes roam the savannah.

Passive Voice
The savannah is roamed by beautiful giraffes.

Active Voice
We are going to watch a movie tonight.

Passive Voice
A movie is going to be watched by us tonight.