Chapter 3 - Unexpected Scenario

Camsie's POV

The next morning at work started off as any ordinary day. I noticed that the plant had been pushed back fully against the wall, probably by the night cleaning crew. Siguro inutos iyon ni Melinda.

Melinda Crux showed up shortly after lunch, hobbling into the office on his one good foot. Sa tingin ko di nakatulog ng maayos yan dahil sa sakit ng paa.

“Geez! This foot is killing me,” I could overhear her say. I feel guilty to her.

"Daniel, you’re not doing anything right now, are you?” sambit ni Melinda.

“Um, no. Nothing. That can’t wait until tomorrow I guess.” saad naman ni Daniel.

“Good, could you please drive me to see my Doctor? I probably should’ve gone yesterday, but I just couldn’t get away. This pain is just killing me right now and I don’t think I can drive myself, I barely made it here this morning and I don’t think I can even push the gas pedal right now. We can take my car if you want.” mahabang saad ni Melinda.

“Yeah that’s fine Melinda, I don’t have a problem taking you.” Turning to me, he said his goodbye.

I have a feeling na may mangyayaring di maganda. "Bye, mag-iingat ka Dan." I bid him my goodbye. Nakita kong masama ang titig ni Melinda sa akin.

“See you later,  Camsie.” He put on his coat and slowly followed Melinda as she struggled down the hallway. He gave a half turn and a shrug in my direction, with a little smile as he walked away. I felt even lonelier than normal when he is gone.

It was ten minutes later when we all  heard the crash.

It was preceded by the loud horn of an 18-wheeler truck and screeching brakes. The collision itself was a sickening thud of two large metal object colliding. Kahit na narito kami sa 7th floor rinig na rinig parin namin ang nakakabinging salpukan. My office workers gasped and ran to the windows.

“Is that Melinda’s car?” One of them asked.

“Mahirap makita dito, punta tayo sa baba.” someone responded.

“It’s so banged up.” saad ng isa pa.

The horrifying implication of what’d just happened came to me immediately. Kinabahan ako ng husto. Dumungaw ako sa bintana at napasinghap sa nakita.

“No, no, no,” I histerically mumbled. “This can’t be true.” My tears came rushing through my eyes.

Shaking all the way, I ran to the elevator and went to the ground floor along with several others from the office.

Some of them were crying. As well as me. As we joined the growing crowd around the scene of the accident, could hear the far off sound of emergency sirens.

I could see that the 18-wheeler had hit Melinda's’ car broadside, its driver had been thrown out onto the pavement where he lay motionless. Melinda was sitting in the passenger seat of her car, motionless but with a surprised look on her bloody face.

I couldn’t tell if she was alive or dead. The driver’s side, where Daniel seated, had taken the hit. The space he’d been occupying had been compacted to a third of its original size. Daniel’s head was smashed open and his twisted body was broken and battered. I cried even more when I saw how horrible his situation right now.

The crowd was stunned. Tears, screams, sirens; that was all I can hear. Without going back inside the building,  I immediately ran to my car and drove home, angry and sad.

I made the journey home and to my computer. There the machine sat, he wanted to turn it on, but was afraid of what may I found out. Was I really the one responsible for Daniel’s death?

The whole chain of events had started with me. I knew I was to blame.

I reached for the power button, and then pulled my hand back. Finally, after several minutes, I found the mental strength to turn it on. The screen flickered and then went black, and the familiar text started appearing on the screen.

“No Camsie, it’s not your fault. I know you’re blaming yourself. But all people die eventually, some just sooner than others.”

I stared at the screen blankly. I had the urge to throw the monitor to the ground.

After a moment, the writing continued, “Camsie, I’m going to tell you something, and I really need you to seriously consider everything I’m about to say. You thought you were in love with Daniel. The truth is, he just wanted to fuck you. And please excuse my language, but every once in a great while it’s best to be blunt. Camsie, he wasn’t the one for you. He would’ve made your life miserable. Yes, he would’ve eventually found the courage to ask you out. He actually was interested in you. He thought you’d make a good “performance.” Sad really, for him, not for you. I want you to think back to all the things he told you. Why did his last girlfriend break up with her?".

“Because he cheated on her.” I mumbled under my breath.

“Because he cheated on her, Camsie. The same thing he would’ve done to you. He would’ve made you happy for about 2 months, and then miserable for the next 4 years. Sneaking around, laughing at you behind your back, spending all your money. Once you finally got rid of him, you would’ve been so jaded that you’d never date again. This is true Camsie. I see all future possibilities, the ones that come to pass and the ones that don’t. You’ve seen how he really is Camsie, but you let your crush for him blind you to the truth. Together, you and I have made sure you avoided that path. One more thing Camsie, this isn’t done playing out yet. There’s more to come."

“No! You killed Daniel!” Sigaw ko at ibinato ang computer . It landed on the floor and sparked out.
_________________________________________

A/N
Kung mangyayari rin sa inyo ang nangyari Kay Camsie. Susundin niyo rin ba ang misteryosong The Seer?

Follow me po
Vote and Comment your thoughts

ramz_15