Chapter 4

Donnie was in a daze. He had left Haven with a promise to return the next day and was now making his way back home. His mind was having trouble processing the events that had just occurred. On one hand, he met someone who wasn't afraid of him, on the other hand, he was sure that Leo and Raph were going to kill him.

Stopping at the turnstiles, Donnie could see his two older brothers sitting on the couch watching as Mikey played his game before the haze set in. Leo had noticed him first and gave him a strange look, Donnie couldn't blame him as he was cover from head to toe by colorful bandaids.

"You okay there, Donnie?" That's when the other two turned to look at him. The purple-clad turtle raised a hand and opened his mouth to say something, but nothing came out and his hand fell limp at his side.

"Uh oh, looks like D's shortcut-circuiting, dudes." All three stood from their spots and made their way toward their brother. Leo placed a hand on his shoulder and gently shook, Mikey poked at his face with abandonment, and Raph was cracking his knuckles in preparation.

"You've got about a minute to get him talking, Leo." Raph threatened practicing his punch. Leo rolled his eyes and grabbed onto Donnie's shoulders.

"Donnie, did something happen at the junkyard?" He began questioning, still no response. "Did you find what you needed?" Raph spun his hand as he got into position. "And where did all these bandaids come from?" The red-clad turtle had grown bored of the questioning and swung his fist.

"I- I met a g-girl." He sounded breathless. Raph's fist stopped mere centimeters from his brother's face, Leo's eyes widened cartoonishly, and Mikey's hands shot up to cover his mouth in playful shock. Leo shook his head and dropped his hands from Donnie's shoulders.

"You met a girl?" The purple-clad turtle nodded quickly, his mind was beginning to function again.

"I-I was at the junkyard," he began. "And I got attacked by Fishface and Dogpound," the three brothers listened intently. "They chased me and I jumped down onto a fire escape to hide," there was a moment of silence as he breathed in deeply. "T-this girl was there a-and she helped me." Leo scrunched his nonexistent eyebrows.

"She helped you?" Donnie motioned to the numerous amount of bandaids covering his body. Mikey jumped up onto Leo's shoulder with his hand raised as if to ask a question.

"Did she have a gnarly freak out when she saw you?" The three leaned toward Donnie awaiting his response.

"No," he answered shocking them. "She was calm and collected, it was honestly kind of weird." Leo nodded in agreement and raised a pensive hand to his chin.

"What happened after that?" Mikey chimed in with curious baby blue eyes. Donnie cleared his throat preparing to be berated by his elder brothers.

"W-well," there was a moment of silence as he argued with himself on what to say next. "I-I made her swear to keep me a secret and l-left as quick as I could." He was lying of course, but he knew that if he told the truth he'd get much worse.

"What!?"