Chapter 5

Donnie recoiled at Raph's scream, the red-clad turtle clenched his fists in attempts to stop himself from beating his younger brother up.

"Raph, calm down." Leo intervened and stepped between the two. Raph scoffed at his older brother.

"Leo, don't ya realize how bad this is?" He questioned as his Brooklyn accent began to break through. "Donnie's little girlfriend could tell the whole world 'bout us!" Donnie felt his face heat up at this statement and he took a step forward.

"She promised me that she wouldn't tell anyone!" He shouted back, this startled all three of his brothers. There was silence before the sound to a staff hitting the floor and footsteps approached them.

"My sons," their heads snapped at the direction of their master's voice. "Why are you shouting?" There was a hint of annoyance in Splinter's eyes that all four could detect. In panic, the four began to push each other until Donnie was forced in front of the others.

"Donnie can explain!" Leo shouted pushing the other two toward the couch. Donnie gulped meeting his master's eyes.

"Well, Donatello?" Splinter crosses his arms in wait as Donnie began to fumble with his words.

"Um, y-you see," his eyes looked everywhere in hopes of finding a way out, but meeting Splinter's eyes again the purple-clad turtle sighed. "I was attacked at the junkyard, in order to get away I hopped down onto a fire escape," Splinter brought a hand up to his beard and nodded for Donnie to continue. "And, well, this girl saw me, she invited me in, and she helped me." He looked back up to his master with worried eyes. Splinter thought for a moment before bringing his hand back down to his staff.

"And you say she promised to keep you a secret?" Donnie nodded frantically as he rubbed the finger he had made the promise with. Splinter nodded in approval. "You'll just have to hope that she keeps to her word." A feeling of relief washed over Donnie and he quickly bowed.

"Y-yes, master." Splinter took his leave and shot a look toward the three other turtles hiding on the couch, they sent him innocent smiles as he walked away. As soon as he was out of sight, Raph turned to Donnie with a glare.

"What the shell was that?" He grumbled, Donnie shrugged before glaring back at his older brother. Leo shook his head and brought a hand up to pinch the bridge of his nose.

"Alright, since Splinter is fine with it then so are we," the blue-clad turtle elbowed Raph. "Right?" The menacing look Leo gave the turtle in red made him jump before nodding quickly.

"What does it matter if one more human knows about us? Well, the ones in this universe at least." Mikey began as he propped himself up on the back of the couch. "April and Casey know about us. What's the harm in one more person knowing?" Raph smacked the back of his younger brother's head making the younger turtle yelp.

"What if she's the one who exposes us?" Mikey shrunk under his brother's heated stare. "Ever thought of that?" The orange turtle shook his head.

"I already told you Raph," Donnie interjected. "She promised not to tell anyone." Raph smirked at his brother.

"Did she 'pinkie promise'?" He said mockingly as he laughed.

"Yes, she did."