Pt.1

"Greetings, Your Highness"

"Oh good morning my dear ASSISTANT", I intentionally raise my voice. "Where were you when i need u? Aren't you supposed to assist me? Isn't that your job to do so?" I asked him continuosly.

"I'm sorry, Your Highness. My dearest wife wants me by her side last night no matter what" said Chan, my personal assistant. I take a deep breath as I thinking about last night.

I was about to go to sleep but suddenly heard a sound outside of my house. "Chan! Is that you?". No answer. Suddenly a man disguise in black go into my room with a sword as a threat. "Who sent you?" I asked while taking out the knife below my sheet. I always put there in case of emergencies. The assasin step back and run out of my house. I let out my breath out of relief.

The name given to me when I was born is Lee Hyunjin.My dad is a 19th ruler of the Joseon Empire.So that technically makes me a prince.To be more exact, a low-born prince. I'm fortunate enough to have king as a father but unfortunately my mom is a slave. Nobody ever told me that I'll be a good king because of the blood which is flowing under my skin."Disgusting. He would make this nation ruin. A low-born prince"- well this words basically became my routine to hears it. Well anyway I dont care about the politic nor even this nation. Uhh let me just live a normal life.

"Chan-ah". "Yes, Your Highness" he replied with full of respect. "Let's visit my father. Chief State told me that my dad is ill" I said. "Your wish is my command, sir".

I rode the horse to the palace. Chan would ANNOYINGLY 'protect' me by staying by my side. I arrived and the guard bow toward me. Oh well I know that the bow wasn't sincere at all. I bowed at the guard back to give my respect. I walked to the king's chamber.

"Greetings, Your Majesty" I said while bowing to the king. "Hyunjin, oh finally you're here. Welcome, son." said His Majesty. "Thank you for your generosity, Your Majesty. I came to make sure that you're okay" I said. "What would you expect from an old man like me? I could die now or soon" said His Majesty. "Hyunjin-ah, I know you've been hurt until now because of me. Things would have been better if youre born as a princess. At least political war wont happen" he said, again. "What do you mean by that, father? Why would political war happens because of me?" I said while laughing. "You'll soon know after you become an adult" he said.

I went to the Crown Prince's chamber to greet him. "Good evening, Your Highness" I greeted. He looked at me and smile, "Hello, my lovely brother. Its been a long time since I see you. Why do you came to the palace?" He said. "Oh, I came to meet father" I answered. His smile gone soon after he hears about dad.

I ate the royal meal with my father and went back to my home after sky became dark. The words that my father said kept flashing onto my head. "Chan-ah, do you also think that I would ruin this nation if I ever gets a chance to rule this nation?" I asked. "What do you mean, sir? I think you would be the best king throughout the history" he said. I laughed. "I'm a low born prince. Why do you think like that?" I asked. "Sir, I think whatever your status or identity, whats more important is your attitude yourself. You may be a son of a slave, but you're kind and have high leadership material. You didnt leave me starving when I have no money, instead you gave me your own rice. You didnt mad at me when my wife start her ANNOYING side. You didnt leave me behind when I fall. That's all what you need to be a good king. Not blood but competence." he said. I smirked. "The Crown Prince would make this place a better place, dont you think so?" I asked. Chan didn't say anything for awhile. "He betrayed you." He said.