Pt.4

"Losing power means death"

" I dont care about the dethroning. I dont even want to live as a prince nor the ruler of this nation." I said, trying to comfort myself.

After the tiring and full-of-confusion day, I decided to just go home and accept my fate.

" Your Highness, are you alright? I'll help you no matter what it takes to bring back your title" Chan said. " Yes! I agree with Chan's words. You did nothing wrong." Jisung continues the conversation. I kept pleading the fifth. Father's words keep playing in my mind again and again. "What does he mean he gonna die soon?! He even has enough power to yell at me!" I shouted. "What do you mean, sir?" Chan asked. I looked at him and laughed, " Nothing, I think I have gone crazy since I've lost my title." I said.

The next day...

"Sir! Prince Hyunjin!" Chan shouted while waking me up. "What? I'm not even a prince now so stop calling me--" I couldnt finish my sentence. "Jisung, sir! He-- He is unconscious. I think someone stabbed him last night!" Chan said. "What?--" I said while stand up. I go to Jisung's body. "Jisung! Han Jisung! Are you alright?!" I asked while waking him up. Theres no sign he gonna wake up soon. Suddenly, I found a letter on Jisung's pocket.

The letter;

"If you want to win over me, have some power."

"This is definitely Junior Minister's doing." I said to Chan. I commanded Chan to call the doctors to treat Jisung. "Youre gonna pay for this, Junior Minister", I said to myself.

I went to the pawn shop which is famous for their information trading business. "Hello? Is anyone here? I'm here to suggest you a great plan." I said, asking for assist. "And what's that? What's so great about it?" said someone, who has a very deep voice. "Who are you? Are you the owner of this pawn shop?" I asked. "My name is Lee Yeongbok, and yea I'm the boss here, what do you want, Prince Hyunjin?" he said. "Alright, that's great. I'm not gonna ask you how you know who I am, because that shows how good you are on finding information." I said. He laughed. "Okay, so straight to the point, hurm--" I'm clearing my throat. "So, do you know Junior Minister, Jo Tae Gu? Uhm he did something really injustice so as a prince, I decided to teach him about justice.." I said while laughing. "Okay lets just pretend that your words is the truth, so your point is?" Yeongbok said. "Be one of my men." I said, confidently.

"Your men? Why would I? Haha.. okay since you offered me, I have one condition." Yeongbok said. "And what is it?" I asked. "To have enough power and wealth to protect my family" he said while showing me his worker. I looked at his worker one by one and said, "That's not a problem, did you forget I'm the nation's prince? Oh wait-- currently I'm not but if this plan goes right, I can have my title back".

"Lee Yeongbok, can you help me find the evidence for the assault crime that Minister Jo's did?" I asked, politely. "Alright, I will try my everything to assist you," Yeongbok said.

"Even if theres no evidence, manipulate one, since Minister Jo did dirty ways first" I said.