Prologue

She stood there on stage together with the other remaining  contestants. Her cold sweat drip down to her forehead. Knees started to tremble as she scanned the crowd, only to see her parents there.

She can see the hope in their eyes as she felt a wave of encouragement.

'My voice is a gift.' she thought to herself just like her grandma said.

"And our Kid's Singing Clash winner for tonight is............."

She closed her in tension. The intense atmosphere makes her heart burst out.

'I won't let them down.'

"Is......"

Her mother held her rosary.

"No other than, Contestant no. 5!!!!! Lyla Isles!!!!!"

Her heart stopped, as if she can't breathe with an empty source of hope.

She saw her mom and dad with a shocked expression in their faces, obviously the were dismayed.

'No.'

Her tears fell down. Shame covered there thoughts knowing that she lose.

She walked out on stage as she run to her parents.

"I am sorry, I let you down." She cried hugging her parents.

"No it's okay, you're still young and I'm sure you will be the best singer, and you will be burning up the stage with your piano and-"  Her mother said to cheer her up.

"Really?- "

"Yes, that's why your name is Melody, You are born to sing."  Mommy wiped her tears.

"Yes mommy! Thank you" she hugged them once again as her daddy pats her back for comfort.

Melody's attention went back on stage. She saw her opponent Lyla was enjoying there with the spot light on her. She was holding the trophy and the cash that Melody wants.

Her blood stared to boil. "I deserve to be there." She whispered to herself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the program, Melody awaited at back stage. Contestants were there, congratulating everyone as all  praises made their way to Lyla.

As Lyla went back to dress room to get her things, she heard a faint voice that she couldn't understand.

The humming turned to a chant , it sounds Spanish.

As a kid with curiosity, she followed the voice.

"Hey, who are you?! Come out! The contest is done. I won!" Lyla said with, boasting her title.

The voiced stopped, only to replace by sobs and cries.

Lyla got concerned about the kid. She felt guilty about offending her.

She continue to follow the noise as she was lead to the rooftop of the building.

"Hello?" Lyla called.

No one was there and there was no answer.

Lyla shrugged, ' maybe some kind of prank'

She heard footsteps behind as she flinched and turned around.

She scanned the area but she was alone.

"Hello?!" Her voice started to shake it fear and her knees were trembling.

Again no one answered.

She was about to ran back to the door but her hair was grabbed as she fell on the ground.

She winced and cried in pain as she layed down, not able to move.

A pair of hands went around her neck.

"Melo- Melody?!"

"I deserve to win over you! Why are you holding that trophy I deserve!?" Melody started choking her.

"Ahh!!! Stop!" Lyla struggled.

"I let my parents down because of you! I got embarrassed because of you! Ahhhhh!!!!!" Melody lost her sanity as she got mad and started beating poor Lyla's face.

"Please! Stop!!!"  She pleaded.

Her face was full of bruises and her lips popped.

Melody started to pull her hair and dragged her along the rails of the building.

Lyla pleaded with her hoarse voice but Melody is much stronger than her .

"Die!!!! You are the loser!!!!" She said as she kicked her off the roof and she fell down with her trophy.

Melody laughed with full sinister. She wiped off the blood from her little palms.

As a kid, it wasn't her first time to lose, it wasn't her first time to kill either.