Chapter 3- Unknown Number

Apologies for slow updates,my phone has been such a trash, and the internet is not cooperative. 😪

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Lauren's Point of View~

"Cheers!" We raised our cocktails, tapping to one another as clinking sounds filled the room. Taking a sip in my glass, my bestfriend approached me.

"So" Melody said while we sat together.

"So?" I repeated, as if she's gonna tell me something huge.

"You think Mr. Hermon is hot?" She asked while twirling her hair, and it almost made me choke on my drink. People nearby turned their heads on us for a second then back to their businesses. It was really awkward.

She chuckled when she saw my reaction. I wiped my mouth and glared at her playfully.

"What? He's a grown man! We're just 18."

She chuckled, leaning unto me whispering, "Don't you think mature guys are hotter than young baes? I heard he's just 32." Then she winked at me, followed by a smirk.

My mouth hanged open, she's unbelievable. "Wow. If that's the case, he has probably a lovely wife." I said with my voice lowered.

"I can be better than her wife, I can handle her." She smiled. A smile that something honest and a well-determined.

"Really?"

"Yeah, if I can sing better Lullabies to be picked, or I'll just strike a guitar to her ,or push her to a building."

I was silenced in her statement. Sometimes she can be really blunt and playful and in her choice of words,but I know she's just joking and she can't mean it.

"Seriously Melody!?" I slap her shoulder softly.

She just replied a chuckle.

"You know, my family are expecting something. They hoped that I'll be picked." She said taking another sip.

In my head, I know that Melody has been the star among us, and whatever she wants to claim can be all possible for her because she will work hard, she'll do anything to get what she wants.

Since she's very good, I think she deserves to be picked, finally she can go to Hollywood, which is her big dream.

But a part of me has a speck of hope, being an international idol is something that I could wish no more. Some wants it to be famous and gain power but it is something that I need to lift up my life and to pay my debts.

Sadly, Melody wants it more than me, and she's way better than any of the performs, there is no one she can impress. So,I'll just support her.

Suddenly, I was snapped to my thoughts when Melody tapped my shoulder. "Hey, speaking of the hot devil, there he is." She said pointing her finger to his direction but covered by her other hand.

Mr. Paul Hermon passed right through us and he gave us a smile. Melody tried not to squeal.

Right then our theatre teacher announced in the room.

"I'm afraid Manager Hermon exited earlier and he told me that the agency will just give a private call the lucky one until tomorrow night. Enjoy the rest of the night and happy weekend." He said as cheers followed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Pictures I'm living through for now
Trying to remember all the good times
Our light was cutting through so loud - thank you!
Memories are playing in my dull mind  hate this part  Paper hearts
And I'll hold a piece of yours - thanks
Don't think I will just forget about it  Hoping that you won't forget about it "