Chapter 2- Mr. Hermon

~Melody's Point of View~

Now we are in our rehearsal for our Theatre; The Wicked. Every year in the month of September, Harmonious North Performing Arts School requires us to perform on stage and show what we got.

I will be playing for Glinda, the pretty and the good one in the play, even though Lauren is gonna play for the main character Elphaba; the green witch, the spotlight will be always mine. If I would dare to play for the main character, it will be ugly.

"Assemble everyone!" Our theatre teacher called.

We have gathered all in the stage and I stood next to Lauren.

"Hey! You look nice there at the air, how does it feel?" I asked referring to the last scene that she will be lifted up high in the air, she flies because she's a witch.

"It's fine, it's kinda challenging at first but I have already overcome the fear of heights." She said.

"Great." I replied.

"Listen students, Tomorrow is your performance and you have to give your best.You can practice and rehearse with mistakes but your final performance must perfect. You only have one chance to perform. Now clap hands for yourself because I think your ready! Applause for yourselves!" He said cheerfully as we applaud for ourselves.

"And we have a good news! We have visitors tomorrow and they are from Hollywood.  Currently they are here in Ontario and they have been invited for our show tomorrow. For your information they are managers and crews of your  favorite Hollywood singers and Actors. It will be fun! Right?!"

"Wow! Really!?" I said in amazement.

"They will be looking for some future stars in our school and if you guys are qualified, they can train you and you can go to Hollywood! You are graduates this year, maybe in earlier time you can already find your career."

'It's time to Shine' I thought to myself.

"This is what I have been waiting for." Lauren said. My eyes widened.

"Waiting for what?" I asked.

"This is a rare opportunity, I can give my best. It's now or never, I have to give my best, I have been praying for this." She said with hope in her eyes.

"Really?" I said. So she wants competition.

~Lauren's Point of View~

This is it, it's now or never. The V.I.P. seats are occupied by the workers of Hollywood. If they will notice me, I may have the chance. This is my dream.

Lauren/ Elphaba: And nobody in all of Oz, no wizard that there is or was is every gonna bring me down!

Ozians: Look at her she's wicked! Get her!

Lauren/ Elphaba: Bring me down!

Ozians: No one mourns the wicked! So we've got to bring her..

Lauren/ Elphaba: Ahhh!

Ozians: Down!!!

I sang the defying gravity with all my heart. I was dangling there with wires in me, flying high as the spot light focuses on me.I made it perfect. I made sure that I made an eye contact to my critiques.

We have finished the 3 shows, consuming all the 1000 Tickets that have been sold.

"Good Job! Good Job! This year's performance is one of the best! You are truly performers. Clap clap everyone!" Our teacher said.

We cheered for ourselves. It feels good to have another achievement. Finally.

"And guess what? All of our audience are impressed, even our visitors told me that they have been spotted the one they have been looking for! "

My eyes widened.  I need to be chosen, I need to.

" And one of the manager and I will treat you all for dinner!"

"Woooooh!!!!!" We jumped up and down like children with candies in joy. I was holding Melody's hand together with the other performers and soon we made our group hug.

The dinner will be in a private restaurant nearby the school.

While making my way there,I couldn't help to be anxious. What if I'll be chosen? Or what if not?

I have arrived there pretty late because they are already complete.

"Sorry I made my chores before coming here." I said to my teacher.

"It's okay." He smiled.

We occupied the whole restaurant. Over all we are 30 in number including our teacher.

As we were choosing for our order, a man in suit entered the door. Maybe 30-40 years old?

"Students , let us recognize the Hollywood manager, Mr. Paul Hermon."

All of us gave him an applause as he starts down.

"Let us enjoy the dinner first." Our teacher said.

I glance to Mr. Hermon, he was busy in his phone. He look nice, I wonder who will he choose.

I didn't notice that I was already staring at him for a while and he glanced back on me. I gave him a smile, and he smiled back.

This chapter isn't much horror. Lol. Sorry for the errors